• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soliciting a Prostitute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zanzi

Hi! I'm in CA; my friend was arrested & charged for allegedly soliciting an under-cover cop, posing as a prostitute...what is his defense (if any)? Do these things get taped/tape recorded? He has an upcoming court date...is this just to plead or will he be presented with any evidence against him? Any help would be much appreciated!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Zanzi said:
Hi! I'm in CA; my friend was arrested & charged for allegedly soliciting an under-cover cop, posing as a prostitute...what is his defense (if any)? Do these things get taped/tape recorded? He has an upcoming court date...is this just to plead or will he be presented with any evidence against him? Any help would be much appreciated!
My response:

You either got popped on Sepulveda Boulevard, or Western Avenue in Los Angeles, didn't you.

It is both tape recorded and videoed. So, the evidence will be against you.

Unless she said the price first, there is no defense. You can't use entrapment if YOU were the one who asked for a price, or said how much you would pay.

The first hearing is called the "preliminary hearing" where you will enter your plea - - not guilty or guilty, or nolo contendre.

If you plead "not guilty", a trial date will be set. While waiting for your trial date, you will need to formally ask for all evidence against you, in writing, to he Assistant District Attorney.

I would suggest, that if you plead not guilty, you should hire your own attorney. DO NOT be represented by the Public Defender - - because if you are, plan on going to jail. At least with your own, private attorney, you stand a chance of getting a lesser sentence.

IAAL

Z

Zanzi

Oh gooddy....soooo, what is the going jail time for those unfortunates who can only afford a public defender? I don't think he has the cash for a private lawyer. If against the odds it turns out that I wasn't a "clean" sweep, can he get back any of the $1000 he already paid in bail $$? Or will it be a matter of "sorry" and "off you go"?

N

nuyuky

I think that you should do as this says and motion to dismiss indictment due to violations of due process and maybe entrapment. Maybe it should be appropialte to charge the officer for soliciting sex, or prostitution. It is against the law and toting a badge does not give these clowns the authority to break laws to enforce them. Ok?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">