• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solititation of prositituion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meatfed

What is the name of your state? CA

Last night I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution. Actually I was dumb in a no dumb zone. This was my first time so it was a first offence. Actually it was probably the lowest point in my life and I have been beating myself up all day. My question is what happens now and what do I do? I have a court date. I know it is only a misdemeanor in CA but I am concerned about my record. I am looking for work and if future employers found out it could be catastrophic. Do I or can I plead no contest and what are the ramifications? I really am a good person yet only human. I learned a very valuable lesson in all this. I am just paralyzed by the thought of having this on my record and what to do in court since I cannot afford an attorney.

Thank you in advance for your time…

HomeGuru

meatfed said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Last night I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution. Actually I was dumb in a no dumb zone. This was my first time so it was a first offence. Actually it was probably the lowest point in my life and I have been beating myself up all day. My question is what happens now and what do I do? I have a court date. I know it is only a misdemeanor in CA but I am concerned about my record. I am looking for work and if future employers found out it could be catastrophic. Do I or can I plead no contest and what are the ramifications? I really am a good person yet only human. I learned a very valuable lesson in all this. I am just paralyzed by the thought of having this on my record and what to do in court since I cannot afford an attorney.

Thank you in advance for your time…

**A: when you go to court, ask the court to appoint you an attorney.

Son of Slam

Well, you've really screwed the pooch this time, meatfed. One of them guys that just cant keep it in his pants. The whole community may hear of this criminal act.
First off, before you say anything, to anybody, You have to get all of your stories straight as an arrow. There may be people who want to laugh and point fingers. They may ask "What's that funny smell?" Before you even see any of those people, you must be prepared.
A criminal record is nothing to take lightly. It can completely ruin your life. How would you like to be dreaming about some hooker and wake up in jail with big Bubba smiling at you? What if, in self-defense, you hurt him, so bad, that you went to prison for it, and your cellmate turned out to be big Bubbas bigger brother? Things may just seam to compound, and soon you're a career criminal.

Get a lawyer dude. You're going for the fall.

meatfed

Please I only ask for advice and not to be judged! We all make mistakes and do dumb things….all of us! I was lonely and stupid which is a dangerous combination. I do know that this is not the end of the world and I will never be a career criminal. It took a lot for me to make a post to ask for help. I thought this was a place where I could get some answers. I am beating myself up just fine thank you!

I do not know the law. Do I really need a lawyer? What happens if I plead no contest? What happens if I plead guilty? It is a $200 fine. To be honest I really got off easy. Being 3 years divorced I didn’t have a wife to explain it to. The rest of the 19 men who were also caught in the “sting” did. I learned a lesson big time! I appreciate your time and any help that is given. You do not have to point out how stupid I am for that is very clear!

F

furnacerepairma

be real careful

solicitation of prostitution......first were you in your car when you did it?
I am not a lawyer but have seen some things you need to check out..... not just a record...
In Iowa I believe they can take your car for it..... In Florida they can take your drivers license for a year I believe and they do not have to inform you of that...... they just take it........... call A LAWYER..... get a free hour if you have to but CALL A FREAKIN LAWYER

F

furnacerepairma

was it entrapment....or were you lookin for her....
a good rule of thumb ...... the good lookin ones are cops....
cops like this area of enforcement to....... fringe benefits.... anyway remember everything it may be entrapment..... but if you asked its your fault........and it was probably recorded so don't lie.

D

DRN

If you want to handle a traffic ticket yourself, I say fine. Go for it.

Criminal charge? Get a lawyer.

My 2 cents.

C

confused1111

son of slam, didnt you post that exact same response about big bubba, give or take a few words, in a completely different thread???

HomeGuru

confused1111 said:
son of slam, didnt you post that exact same response about big bubba, give or take a few words, in a completely different thread???

**A: that's because there is more than one Big Bubba.

AmosMoses

OK, guys...

...my name is really Bubba (No joke!...Hey, I'm from Louisiana, what do you expect), and I take offense at this! I don't usually do that kind of thing to unsuspecting young little succulent fresh fishies if they have enough cigarettes to keep me occupied. I don't think it's fair for you guys to make fun of me just because I get so lonely when I'm locked up!! I'm gonna remember all of you who are poking fun at me and my name, and I'm gonna return the poke if I see ya'll in the clink!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">