• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this some kind of Extortion and Blackmail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmanguts

I have just started a small company delivering cargo..as a beginner, i needed help getting a 40 Footer container on my own so i ask a friend who is doing the same business to get a container in his name and split the Van and all expenses 50/50. I gave him a downpayment to facilitate in getting the Van. Now, the container already arrive in its destination and he is asking me for more money because we need to pay custom/brokers/etc... i told him to show me a receipt on all the expenses so that i can pay you exactly what i owe you.... he said he could not show me coz he wasn't given one... and if i dont pay, he will hold all my cargo. i repeatedly ask him for the official receipt showing all the expenses he incurred but he cannot show it... he said i need to pay what he ask for or else he will hold my cargo even without showing official receipt of said expenses. I told him i will pay you what i owe if you can show me the receipts. Now my cargo is in hostage until i pay up. Please advice...

Just Blue

I have just started a small company delivering cargo..as a beginner, i needed help getting a 40 Footer container on my own so i ask a friend who is doing the same business to get a container in his name and split the Van and all expenses 50/50. I gave him a downpayment to facilitate in getting the Van. Now, the container already arrive in its destination and he is asking me for more money because we need to pay custom/brokers/etc... i told him to show me a receipt on all the expenses so that i can pay you exactly what i owe you.... he said he could not show me coz he wasn't given one... and if i dont pay, he will hold all my cargo. i repeatedly ask him for the official receipt showing all the expenses he incurred but he cannot show it... he said i need to pay what he ask for or else he will hold my cargo even without showing official receipt of said expenses. I told him i will pay you what i owe if you can show me the receipts. Now my cargo is in hostage until i pay up. Please advice...
U.S. Law Only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">