• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something not quite right

• Thread starter loophole bandit
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loophole bandit

I was in an accident and got a ticket for driving under suspension, the cop let me go home. On my way home I was surrounded by cops at a stop light and asked if I was drinking or taking any drugs, I said "No" and was asked to step out of the car. I blew a 000 on the breath test and also did the touch your nose thing. Then I agreed to give them a urine sample. After I was already in the jail cell a cop came in and told me, "by the way, we found 1.4 grams of marijuana in the visor of the car." I know for a fact that isn't where they found it. The car is not mine and aren't they supposed to search the car with you there? Can I fight the DUI?

[This message has been edited by loophole bandit (edited October 09, 2000).]

D

DrunkN_MastR

What was it that actually landed you in jail in the first place? Was it the same drugs or something else... Once you are arrested for whatever reason (while driving) the car is at their disposal to search for a number of reasons - also the hiding place is hardly gonna matter... it's still gonna come up as exhibit 'A' reguardless...

------------------
Just your friendly neighborhood DrunkN_MastR tellin ya the way it is, from a scumbag street cop point of view ;)

T

Tracey

You need a defense attorney.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">