• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somewhat complex pending charge and FBI Clearance Check question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinneed

I submitted a request for a FBI clearance report on February 2, 2011. I am using it to obtain a work visa in Geneva Switzerland. I recently was involved in an altercation (defending store owner, self-defense, but other party insisted on pressing charges; believe he was on drugs) in which I was given a notice to appear in court for a misdemeanor battery. This occurred in San Francisco, CA. Besides the point that this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, my concern is:

Was I officially arrested? I gave a thumbprint. I was never told I was under arrest.
Are the charges technically pending at this time or not until arraignment, trial, etc.?
Most importantly, what will show up on my "in progress" FBI report? Do pending charges show up on these types of reports?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">