• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son caught in bad deal -- advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rldavis

This is in central Illinois. A week ago, my son went to his friends house where he was invited to watch a movie. He was their five minutes when the police busted in. No knock, no warrant. There are so many holes in this case - some I need to verify - but as for the action of the police officers -- I suspect not all is on the up and up there. There were nine kids there, all in the same room, the living room - watching a movie - this is fact. The trailer was searched based on the fact that the room was full of smoke - duh, most of the kids are chain smokers and the officer swears he smelled pot - funny, since none of the kids were remotely high, four boys age 17 were arrested, the oldest person there was female, she was not arrested - the police officer denys that there was anyone older - I know this to be fact, she graduated with my older son this past spring. Drugs and stuff were found on the premises, but not where the kids were. Three of kids arrested were not read their rights - one is my son. They all were charged with four charges against them -- drugs, drug stuff, trespassing, and theft of services. OK - the trailer is supposedly owned my the father of the kid living there - the trailer was plugged into another trailer with the owners permission(supposedly) until the electric was turned on the next day -- the police refused to go verify this information - the police also say the father does not own the trailer. I went into the police station the next day to find out what the police report says - this is even more interesting - the officer and i were interupted, he had to leave the room for a few minutes - I took the opportunity to read everything -- when he comes back, he tells me a different story than is in the report -- he said the neighbor lady called and reported the cord going from that trailer to another. The report states that the police chief himself asked this officer to tell this kids father to get out of the trailer because he wasn't supposed to be there. So, then why did six cops show up to raid the place? According to everyone else, the father gave his son permission to live in the trailer, because he was living over the place where he worked in another town - all the son had to do was pay the lot fee. So, my first order of business is to prove ownership and talk to the guy who let them use his electricity. Also, the officer informed me that none of the kids would have been arrested if they had just owned up to who owned the drugs. And when the owner of the drugs steps up to claim ownership, the charges will be dropped. My son also informed me that he was searched seven times that night -- as were his friends, nothing remotely illegal was found on any of them -- and the car of the hispanic friend was the only vehicle searched. It is believed the father and his friend who had lived there own the drugs. My son refuses to go down for something he has no part of - we can use all the advice anyone feels like giving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">