• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son-in-law in jail for DWI, hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SandySentz

My son-in-law was arrested in West Virginia on DWI charges, driving while suspended and failure to stop for a police officer. He ran to West Virginia after striking a child on a bicycle that had rode out in front of him. He has been to trial in WV and was fined $155.00 for driving while suspended. The DWI charges were dropped. After he was released, he reported to the State Police in Maryland. He was arrested on the charges there. He was not read his rights and has not had his rights read to him to this date. He was in some trouble last year and was on probation. He was given permission to move out of the area by his probation officer and he, my daughter and their children moved to California. They moved back here in July of 2000 and this accident occurred. He is now being charged with violating probation, DWI, hit and run accident with bodily injury. He was injured by another inmate at the Allegany County jail, (which I understand has been condemned and is over crowded), and was refused medical attention. He is set for trial on October 20th. He has a public defender and this person has yet to contact him to discuss his case. What can we do? We need an attorney but don't know who to turn to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">