• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son victim of st. rp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steve sherman

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

An 18 year old girl has had sex with my 14 year old son. She has became pregnant and they believe him to be the father. He is not emotionally prepared for the situation he has found himself in.
In Wi. I am liable for everything my children do. If this girl goes on state assistance, can the state of Wi. hold me financially liable? Will I in any way be liable for medical bills, child support etc.?? Will my son, at 18 years of age be then liable? and, would charging her with statutory rape release us (him) from liabilities?

I don't even know what to do!!!

Rape

Charging the Mother with rape is an option but it has NOTHING to do with support of the child. On the support matter I cannot say and someone else here should know. Again your apples and oranges on charges vs support. You should want charges because your child was raped not to avoid support you feel YOU might pay! Your concerns should be for your child and this unborn grandchild NOT yourself!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">