• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marc10342

New York

I would really appreciate any and all legal advice I can receive on this problem.

It was Sunday morning around 0900 hours on June 13, 1999 when I received a phone call from an individual that I did not know. This person was a friend of my son's and had called me to inform me that my son was murdered that morning in Anchorage with two hundred people looking on, not lending a hand to assist this 21 year old boy.
I guess my big problem and concern is with this country and the people that hold civil offices.
The Anchorge Police Department, The US Army (which my son was a member of) and the District Attorney's office promised me to keep my family informed about the case. In reality, if the family member is not one of their own, then they could care less. I have not heard from these people other then maybe two times since the incident. How can people like this hold such important positions inside society?
We are located on the east coast and it is not easy to be knocking on doors trying to find out information. We do not even know if the case is still open, closed or that they found the person that murdered him. What kind of country has this become with such uncaring people.
I am seeking what type of action I can do as his father. It is unfair that your son should go before me.
To make matters even worst, my son had personnal belongings in the vehicle that he was driving e.g. wallet, mountain bike, etc. that have not been returned to his family.
Is there some intelligent person out there that can provide me with the right direction to take so my family and I can find some kind of closure with his death?

God Bless;

n_and

Jesus christ, buddy, I am so sorry for your loss. God. I am a parent myself, and while words mean nothing, I am so sorry.

Slow down and repeat what happened. What do you mean there were 200 people around while he was being murdered?

I guess my big problem and concern is with this country and the people that hold civil offices.
I am sorry you feel this way, but there is nothing anyone here can do about this. Speculations are not answers.

You need to leave out any emotions and post facts a,b,c, etc. For instance, have you talked to the detective in charge of the case? What did he say? What was his explanation on why you haven't recieved personal belongings?

Bigfoot

This must be a devastating time for you. Have you contacted the Secretary of the Army for a full investigation and followup? And your US Senator and Congressman? These are the folks who can get things moving more quickly for you and identify potential 'coverups'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">