• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's Incarcerated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catty43

My son has been incarcerated since Oct 23rd on a criminal trespass charge. He has been on probation for conspiracy to commit theft. I would like to know why he could not be released on bail, which we paid on the 22nd but his PO revoked his bail and put him in jail the following day. We were told that his criminal trespass was a felony, but he did not break anything or steal anything. As a matter of fact, he was invited up to this house, where he recently moved out of to come back home. He always climbed into the one bedroom window to get into the house but his now ex-girlfriend's mother had him arrested for doing this. He also has furniture and a stereo system still in this house. On top of that since this charge he has now lost his recent job and has no way of paying restitution for his theft charges. Can someone please enlighten me on what to do? The lawyer that we have does not seem overly concerned with this problem. His hearing for the criminal trespass charge comes up December 1st.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

He has a probation hold - hence why he couldn't be released. This is done until the criminal charge is dismissed.

It is common practice and unfortunate as it is, is done to ensure the safety of others and the integrity of the criminal justice system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">