• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son's shoplifting charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katybirdhunter

What is the name of your state? texas

My 16 yr old son was charged for shoplifting. The offical charge is class-c misdemenor-theft. He has never been in trouble before. He admits doing it. He is to appear in Katy Municipal Court on April 14 as a juvenile. I have no idea what to expect. My questions are as follows.

1. What will happen on the April 14th court date?
2. What are the possible fines and penalties?
3. If he is put on Probation, what are the possible terms?
4. Besides my sanity, what will it cost?
5. How long will it be on his record?
6. Should I hire an attorney even if he will plead guilty?:confused:

B

Boxcarbill

katybirdhunter said:
What is the name of your state? texas

My 16 yr old son was charged for shoplifting. The offical charge is class-c misdemenor-theft. He has never been in trouble before. He admits doing it. He is to appear in Katy Municipal Court on April 14 as a juvenile. I have no idea what to expect. My questions are as follows.

1. What will happen on the April 14th court date?
2. What are the possible fines and penalties?
3. If he is put on Probation, what are the possible terms?
4. Besides my sanity, what will it cost?
5. How long will it be on his record?
6. Should I hire an attorney even if he will plead guilty?:confused:
A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $500.00. A class C misdemeanor does not carry the risk of jail time. Juvenile records are sealed (except for special circumstances and this is not one of them.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

katybirdhunter said:

"He has never been in trouble before."

=====================================

My response:

Translation = "He's never been caught before."

TOP 10 Crimes Your Kid Committed But Hasn't Told You About - -

NUMBER 10: His last covert mission before he was arrested was stealing frozen burritos from 7-11.

NUMBER 9: After stealing jewelry, he makes an appointment to have it engraved.

NUMBER 8: Your kid's motto, "I'll pick your pocket and steal your heart."

NUMBER 7: Stole batteries from grandma's pacemaker to put in Gameboy.

NUMBER 6: "I'm not stealing his watch. I'm taking his pulse."

NUMBER 5: Screams at jogger, "Will you slow down for a second so I can steal your wallet?"

NUMBER 4: He tells you he's no longer affiliated with the baby-stealing gypsies.

NUMBER 3: During police line-up he waves to the various store owners and shouts, "Remember me?"

NUMBER 2: You find out your son is a famous thief when he wins the "Outstanding performance in an ongoing police investigation" award.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Crime Your Kid Committed But Hasn't Told You About - -

You discover your kid is really a career criminal when you can't get through your front door for all the yellow police tape.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

OnlyOneVoice said:
You can submit a complaint about the insults by e-mailing

[email protected]

My response:

What "insults"?

Who made you the judge of what is "insulting"?

What may be insulting to one, may not be insulting to another.

As a matter of fact, I find your posts quite "insulting" to me. So, you better watch out.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">