• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sorry for hyjacking thread-??'s of my own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memphisgirl

What is the name of your state?OH
I was legally (grandmother authorized) an authorized user. I took care of grandparents and had to pay for everything(food,toiletries etc..)-the payments did and still do come out of my checking account. Grandfather passed and grandmother sent to a nursing home by her kids(dont know where she is). Havent talked to grandmother so dont know if she has alzheimers -will kids press charges or can they call credit card company to confirm grandma actually SPOKE to them to authorize me???Mind you the kids(aunts,dad,uncle) wanted me to move in and take care of them b/c I was a stay at home mom!!I did b/c I loved my grandpa so much and he was dying(cancer).If charges were brought because I have used the card after I moved -what would they be? What is the possible punishment? Balance around($3500).Never late,always paid.

Veronica1228

memphisgirl said:
What is the name of your state?OH
I was legally (grandmother authorized) an authorized user. I took care of grandparents and had to pay for everything(food,toiletries etc..)-the payments did and still do come out of my checking account. Grandfather passed and grandmother sent to a nursing home by her kids(dont know where she is). Havent talked to grandmother so dont know if she has alzheimers -will kids press charges or can they call credit card company to confirm grandma actually SPOKE to them to authorize me???Mind you the kids(aunts,dad,uncle) wanted me to move in and take care of them b/c I was a stay at home mom!!I did b/c I loved my grandpa so much and he was dying(cancer).If charges were brought because I have used the card after I moved -what would they be? What is the possible punishment? Balance around($3500).Never late,always paid.
If your grandmother made you an authorized user. the Credit Card Company should have something in writing from her in their files to prove this. You would have nothing to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">