• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed Contest

• Thread starter N1xMellowxYello
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

N1xMellowxYello

California VC 23109 (A) Speed Contest

----Newbie posting so it maybe more detailed than it should be----

I got this ticket while driving a little fast and the car next to me chased after me. A motorcycle cop pulled up behind us on the other vehicle's lane. He had his lights on and switched to my lane. The was about 1 car ahead of the other vehicle...and the cop pulled me over. He didn't pull the other vehicle over at all even though he had the chance to...I was wondering if I have a case here, because he gave me a ticket for speed contest but only pulled me over. Can someone tell what my options are and is this discrimination/profiling because I'm a minority and I do drive a Honda. The Cop clearly could have pulled both of us over but only choose to pull me over. On top of that he gave me a speed contest ticket which involve two vehicle.....the ticket did not write "exhibition of speed" but "speed contest" which is in section "A" of VC 23109 and Exhibition of Speed is section "B" under the same code. What should I do in this situation ?
I would really appreciate it if someone can give me advice.:confused:

racer72

You present no evidence to prove the citation was not warranted. I would suggest you hire a local attorney for your problem. There may be other issues than what you stated that could help your cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">