• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speedy trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinkpaypal

What is the name of your state? Washington
I was arrested in December 2004, I was held for 5 days and released without ever seeing a judge. The prosecutor says I can not file for a fast and speedy because I have not been charged with anything. When a criminal report is ran it states the arrest but no disposition has been recieved. Is that legal to arrest me, hold me for 5 days and still not take any action?

JETX

pinkpaypal said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
I was arrested in December 2004, I was held for 5 days and released without ever seeing a judge. The prosecutor says I can not file for a fast and speedy because I have not been charged with anything. When a criminal report is ran it states the arrest but no disposition has been recieved. Is that legal to arrest me, hold me for 5 days and still not take any action?
Yep.
They have a set amount of time, depending on the crime from 2 years to forever, to bring charges against you.

The Limitations in your state (WA) can be found at:
http://www.leg.wa.gov/RCW/index.cfm?section=9A.04.080&fuseaction=section

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">