• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spy Device?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Panophobic

What is the name of your state? MI

Im not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I guess it has to do with destruction of property.
If I found a recording device such as a mini-cassete recorder or camcorder recording me in my car or home what can I do with it? Can I leagally destroy it or pawn it? Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Panophobic said:
What is the name of your state? MI

Im not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I guess it has to do with destruction of property.
If I found a recording device such as a mini-cassete recorder or camcorder recording me in my car or home what can I do with it? Can I leagally destroy it or pawn it? Thanks.

My response:

If it says, "Property of Central Intelligence Agency", I think you better return it.

By the way, did the tape burn up within 5 seconds after playing, Mr. Phelps?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

And if it's not from the CIA, (or even if it is) :D

Eat about 5 lbs of chilie with Jalapenos and three-day old meat...then when you hear your belly growling, take the 'recording device' out from hiding, sit on it and let nature take it's course.

:D:D:D

stephenk

"Can I leagally destroy it or pawn it?"

It's interesting that you are mostly interested in either getting money for the recorder or throwing it away as opposed to trying to figure out why someone would be recording you.

H

hexeliebe

hey,stephenk, maybe the poster is really Paris Hilton and this time she wants to make a little pocket change from the 'recording' :D:D:D

stephenk

the first paris hilton tape is not the greatest quality. it was filmed in a darkened hotel room with a night vision camcorder.

i'm trying to find the second one that involves another girl and a guy. WOO HOO!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">