• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spying neighbor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommovinon

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I have recently moved into a new neighborhood. I am divorced. My neighbor is reporting to my 12 year old daughter what I am doing when she is away at a friend's home or the home of her father. Last night, this neighbor called her on her cell phone and told her that I had a male friend visiting me at the house. Do I have any legal recourse with this neighbor?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Maryland

I have recently moved into a new neighborhood. I am divorced. My neighbor is reporting to my 12 year old daughter what I am doing when she is away at a friend's home or the home of her father. Last night, this neighbor called her on her cell phone and told her that I had a male friend visiting me at the house. Do I have any legal recourse with this neighbor?
Yes - don't have male visitors and keep your shades drawn.
Why do I feel that there is soooo much more to this...?

HuAi

why does your neigbhor have your 12 year old daughter's cell phone? for that matter why does your 12 year old daughter have a cell phone?

Mommovinon

Geez, I guess I really expected to get sensitive, responsible responses to the question I asked. If you can't imagine that it isn't already stressful enough to have just the basics of what I posted happening to then have these two very flip responses: then shame on you all. Of course there is A LOT more going on --NONE of which will be expanded on here as a result of this first experience---but know that it all is exactly why the 12 year old has a phone and can reach her mother at any instant.

Zigner

I see she didn't like the answers she got. Doesn't make them wrong - just not the warm and fuzzy she hoped for...

HuAi

Ok here's a warm and fuzzy answer that should solve everything unless there is of course something more to the story!

Change your daughter's phone #

Zigner

Oh wait, I get it.
The answer to her original question is NO, you have no legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">