• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dd4525

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have a general question over social security fraud. I have reported someone who is playing "stupid" to the government in order to get a check. he brags and brags about it.. yet he handles all of his financial responsibilities himself and takes care of his young daughter. does the federal government really look into these claims of fraud especially because his check is so small.
i have reported it but wonder what the follow thru is

H

hmmbrdzz

dd4525 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have a general question over social security fraud. I have reported someone who is playing "stupid" to the government in order to get a check. he brags and brags about it.. yet he handles all of his financial responsibilities himself and takes care of his young daughter. does the federal government really look into these claims of fraud especially because his check is so small.
i have reported it but wonder what the follow thru is

=============================

If he's fraudulently obtaining SSI benefits, he's not playing "stupid" in order to do it -- he would be flat out lying (and lying pretty good) in order to be getting benefits fraudulently. SSI requires him to prove his employment status, assets, child care expenses, medical expenses, bank account information, the worth of his vehicle, etc (for the application itself and then quarterly thereafter). Handling one's financial responsibilities and taking care of one's child is not "fraud", it's not evidence of lying, and it's actually what the benefits are intended to help this person do. What you've stated here would not cause the SS administration to budge on any investigation. The "taking care of his children part" is exactly what SSI wants to see! You would need to say something like: He lied about his job status when he applied for benefits; or, he got a full-time job a month ago and didn't report it; or, he lied about his vehicle when he applied for benefits; or, he just purchased a new car and didn't report it; or, he's NOT taking care of his children. (get it?). Is there any of that going on?

hmmbrdzz

D

dd4525

I am not sure what is reporting to them.. But he is getting a check for being dumb.. and he is not.. lying is fraud. I doubt that he reports his cars as some are in his grandmothers name. But how do i go about reporting it if he is getting a check but lying about it to get it.
And i am glad to see that the govt wants him to take care of his child but if is supposingly so retarded he cant take care ofhimself doesnt that prove he is not as stupid as they think.. I do know of some small jobs he has had but nothing major

H

hmmbrdzz

dd4525 said:
I am not sure what is reporting to them.. But he is getting a check for being dumb.. and he is not.. lying is fraud. I doubt that he reports his cars as some are in his grandmothers name. But how do i go about reporting it if he is getting a check but lying about it to get it.
And i am glad to see that the govt wants him to take care of his child but if is supposingly so retarded he cant take care ofhimself doesnt that prove he is not as stupid as they think.. I do know of some small jobs he has had but nothing major
======================================
So far, you've given no reason that would give SSI reason to reevaluate his benefits. All you've said is "he's dumb". How is he lying? He hasn't lied about his vehicles -- they are in his grandmother's names are not his. He can drive them all day long, and they aren't his. SSI has evaluated this guy and determined that he is not able to support himself or his kids on a sustained basis. Some people truly need SSI. Some people are just lazy and take advantage of it. If he's in the category of "lazy", he can actually just sit on his a** and do nothing if he's got kids, and he can work a little and then stop and continue to get benefits, and he can keep right on doing this until those children turn 18. THey will get all their medical paid for; they'll probably get food stamps, etc. Unless you've got PROOF that he is working full-time, or that he owns and/or has purchased property, a vehicle, life insurance policies, burial plots, etc., you will get no where reporting him, but you can still report him. They'll listen to you, but they aren't going to move on it. He has already qualified, he has children, and SSI will NOT cut his benefits unless his assets increase considerably. He probably knows this.

hmmbrdzz

D

dd4525

gee I just love our system.. you are right he gets all types of benefits and so do the kids.. they live in section 8 with their mother who is scamming too..

why doesnt the government care about this.. this man just got me fired from a professional position for harassing me and i am without employment yet he sits and brags about how he has fooled the government..

you would think the government would care more..
thanks for the replies though

H

hmmbrdzz

That truly "you-know-whats" that he got you fired from a professional position (or from any position, for that matter). Watch him. You may just want to forget about trying to cause him trouble. He might be so sorry he won't stop causing YOU trouble.

Best of luck.

hmmbrdzz

D

dd4525

thanks.. i have been trying to stay clear of these people for months.. until the harassment started.. it was ridiculous..
i love this site though.. thanks for your help and i am going to continue to stay clear.. i have my own legalities to deal with with this job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">