• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSN card Misuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dirtysocks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri

My ex from over 2 years ago has my social security card (always denied having it) has now decided to give it to a friend to find me. Is there anything I can do legally to her or him? I've changed jobs, moved, and changed my numbers to get away from my ex. This guy has contacted me on Facebook and has threatened to mess with me and my mother! Or is this an identity situation and I cant do anything till it happens?

All responses are greatly appreciated

FlyingRon

I've no clue just what you are getting at. A social security card is just a name and number. You could have had a duplicate just by contacting the SSA. There's nothing magic about the card other than it has your name and number on it (and it is one of the accepted I-9 docs). It certainly isn't of any great help in finding you. All your ex would have had to do is give him the number.

As for the threats and all the other nonsense, contact the police, but it has nothing to do with your card.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri

My ex from over 2 years ago has my social security card (always denied having it) has now decided to give it to a friend to find me. Is there anything I can do legally to her or him? I've changed jobs, moved, and changed my numbers to get away from my ex. This guy has contacted me on Facebook and has threatened to mess with me and my mother! Or is this an identity situation and I cant do anything till it happens?

All responses are greatly appreciated
**A: your post does not make sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">