• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stachitory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hippiefairy

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a 16 yr old girl, and my boyfriend is 20. Weve been dateing since i was 14, and he was 18. We are in love and plan on getting married. My mother knows about our haveing sexual intercourse and is ok with it. Could anyone turn him in to the police? Could they prove we were haveing sex? Due to the surcumstances would the judge prosicute? What would be the smart thing to do? Emancipation? Please help, Thankyou

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hippiefairy said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a 16 yr old girl, and my boyfriend is 20. Weve been dateing since i was 14, and he was 18. We are in love and plan on getting married. My mother knows about our haveing sexual intercourse and is ok with it. Could anyone turn him in to the police? Could they prove we were haveing sex? Due to the surcumstances would the judge prosicute? What would be the smart thing to do? Emancipation? Please help, Thankyou

My response:

Do you mean "stagutry" rape?

Of course your mother is "ok with it". Trailer trash parents usually are okay with their little children having sex. Oh, and I suggest you spend much more time with your boyfriend than you are doing; that way, you don't have to go to school and learn how to spell simple words.

I see no problems here.

IAAL

Last edited:

JETX

With the future that this person is creating for herself, hopefully she can say and spell some of the following phrases, destined to become her future:
"Do you want fries with that?"
"Paper or plastic?"
"How come you only schedule me for 20 hours per week?"
"When are we going to take the wheels off of our home?"
"Of course the house smells like baby crap...."
"My childrens ages are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5"
And the most important of all.... "Gee, it didn't cost that much when we filed for bankruptcy before!"

L

L A red

We already know how your mother feels about her underaged daughter having a sexual relationship. IAAL - Wouldn't that mean that this mother is also commiting a crime? Isn't she kindof pimping off her kid? If this guy picks up the OP after school and generally cares for her while mom get's time off from being mom, in return mom allows the guy to have sex with her kid, then it paints a pretty ugly picture. Is it criminal?

Also, knowing of this and not putting a stop to it, being that it is statutory rape, wouldn't the mother be held accountable for that crime being commited with her consent?

OP - Where is your father? Does he have knowledge of this sexual relationship?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

L A red said:
IAAL - Wouldn't that mean that this mother is also commiting a crime?

My response:

No. It's accepted practice in trailer parks, and within the law, that parents have no liability when their children have sex with adults. Where do you think the Internet gets all of its pictures?

IAAL

L

L A red

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

No. It's accepted practice in trailer parks, and within the law, that parents have no liability when their children have sex with adults. Where do you think the Internet gets all of its pictures?

IAAL
Then that would explain the attitude of so many teens when faced with a baby at such a young age: "I'm not staying home to watch this kid! That's what mom's here for." Then it becomes everyone else's job to pay for the entire family.

This situation is a drain on the system. It's one big cluster phuck!

JETX

L A red said:
Then that would explain the attitude of so many teens when faced with a baby at such a young age: "I'm not staying home to watch this kid! That's what mom's here for." Then it becomes everyone else's job to pay for the entire family.
Yep, and therefore the TRUE meaning of Hillary RODHAM Clintons statement... "It takes a village to raise a child".

BlondeIntel

Options

hippiefairy said:
I am a 16 yr old girl, and my boyfriend is 20. Weve been dateing since i was 14, and he was 18.
Could anyone turn him in to the police?
Yes, anyone could turn him in to the police. If you got pregnant or were caught in the act, that would increase the chances that someone would care enough to file a report with the police or with CPS. Texas is one of the states that takes age into consideration when considering a charge of statutory rape, but your boyfriend's age falls outside the three-year window. I'm neither a lawyer nor a judge so I won't speculate on what might happen after the complaint was filed.

My mother knows about our haveing sexual intercourse and is ok with it.
As L A red has already indicated, your mother is allowing your boyfriend to committ a crime and although you don't see it that way, you are the victim of that crime. According to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, "Failure to make a reasonable effort to prevent sexual conduct harmful to a child" fits the definition of child abuse and neglect. If someone reported your mother to TX CPS, they would at least investigate the charge.

What would be the smart thing to do?
Emancipation?
This is an option and is called "Removal of Disability of Minority" in Texas. Since Texas requires that you prove your ability to care for yourself as an adult would, this can take several weeks.

We are in love and plan on getting married.
Texas requires that at least one parent consent to the marriage. If neither of your parents will consent to the marriage, you have the option of petitioning the court to allow you to marry against your parents' wishes. I'm not saying that the court would grant your petition, just that you have that option and it has occured in the past.

Last edited:

BlondeIntel

What Next?

You don't have to fall prey to JETX's dire prediction for your future,

JETX said:
With the future that this person is creating for herself, hopefully she can say and spell some of the following phrases, destined to become her future:
"Do you want fries with that?"
"Paper or plastic?"
"How come you only schedule me for 20 hours per week?"
"When are we going to take the wheels off of our home?"
"Of course the house smells like baby crap...."
"My childrens ages are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5"
And the most important of all.... "Gee, it didn't cost that much when we filed for bankruptcy before!"
But, it will take a lot of hard work and determination to avoid it.

BelizeBreeze

Yes, anyone could turn him in to the police. If you got pregnant or were caught in the act, that would increase the chances that someone would care enough to file a report with the police or with CPS. Texas is one of the states that takes age into consideration when considering a charge of statutory rape, but your boyfriend's age falls outside the three-year window.
Now that's interesting blondie. I suppose you can't be talking about the statutory rape law in Texas since it doesn't exist. So, you must be speaking about the Texas Penal Code, TITLE 5. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON, § 21.11. INDECENCY WITH A CHILD. which states (in-part):

"(a) A person commits
an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years and not the
person's spouse, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex,
the person:
"(1) was not more than three years older than the victim
and of the opposite sex;"

However, you need to read the COMPLETE statute (along with complete opinions and their progeny when citing case law). If you had you would have known that your broad statement about this being a crime was false.

" (b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this
section that the actor:
(2) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the
victim at the time of the offense; and
(3) at the time of the offense:
(A) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of
Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or
(B) was not a person who under Chapter 62 had a
reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this
section."

BlondeIntel

BelizeBreeze's Comments

As my signature states, I am not a lawyer and I am not a law student.

My experience with the law comes from listening to the sob-stories of people who have ended up on the wrong side of the law or have been victimized by those people.

I know that another code that deals with this subject is Tex. Pen Code § 22.011(e), but I'll leave it up to a lawyer to interpret it.

BelizeBreeze

BlondeIntel said:
As my signature states, I am not a lawyer and I am not a law student.

My experience with the law comes from listening to the sob-stories of people who have ended up on the wrong side of the law or have been victimized by those people.

I know that another code that deals with this subject is Tex. Pen Code § 22.011(e), but I'll leave it up to a lawyer to interpret it.
And again, if you had read the ENTIRE statute this would have answered your question for you:

(e) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under
Subsection (a)(2) that:
(2) the victim was a child of 14 years of age or older.

Still no crime.

Now, do the razorbacks honor and please read then entire statute before citing it here.

Woooooooo Pig....SOOIE!!!!!!! RAZORBACK!!!!

BlondeIntel

Statutes

I don't read statutes unless I absolutely have to. I follow the procedures of the agencies where I work or volunteer.

BlondeIntel

Calling The Hogs

BelizeBreeze said:
Woooooooo Pig....SOOIE!!!!!!! RAZORBACK!!!!
Since I wasn't born or raised in Arkansas, I'm not very good at "calling the Hogs", but when you're sitting in the stadium and everyone around you is doing this, it is an awesome sound.

BelizeBreeze

BlondeIntel said:
I don't read statutes unless I absolutely have to. I follow the procedures of the agencies where I work or volunteer.
And that is what's wrong with Arkansas. They apply what they THINK is the law and then let the courts untangle the mess. Usually, at the cost of disrupting the parties lives, or even destroying it.

And yes, I can make these comments because I'm intimately aware of Arkansas having lived there for 30 of my 49 years, being active in the legislative agenda of two governors and a reporter for various newspapers throughout the state on legislative affairs.

And I've been a fan of Arkansas football since the days of Jon Britnam and Lance Alworth and lived three blocks from War Memorial Stadium for three years before moving to Europe.

As for this forum, if you plan on responding, do so as an intelligent human being and NOT as an automaton working for a governmental agency that doesn't know it's ass from a gopher hole.

The people who come here deserve at least correct information. Not agency rheteroic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">