• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalked and harassed... what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScaSnoPro

My state is Pennsylvania.
About a month or so ago me and a couple of friends we’re going to go 4-wheeling, and as we were leaving we drove past the house of a person who some of us dislike. We were traveling in 2 vehicles, and as we drove past someone in the 2nd vehicle yelled “d*ck head” out the window. About a mile down the road we stopped at a gas station and this person’s older brother (aprox. 22 y/o) pulled in behind one of our vehicles blocking us in, telling us to wait there. He then called his father and told him that he had us blocked in at the gas station, a few minutes later the father and one of his friends pulled in with 2 full size trucks, completely blocking us in. a few minutes later the person whom the comment was directed came into the parking lot at a high rate of speed, squealing his tires. The man then said that he saw our vehicles driving by and heard us yell something out the window; he also said that it had happed a few times before and accused us of the prior offenses. We then asked them if they would move there vehicles so we could get out, but they refused to. The man then told us somebody had been driving past our house and yelling stuff and he was going to stop it. He told us “if this happens again, I’m going to come after you” He using obscenities quite frequently through out the confrontation. We threatened to call the police, but he still wouldn’t let us leave. Someone in the gas station did call the police and they soon got there (The friend that came in with the man, left as soon as he saw the police). We told them the story, and they made them move there vehicles. We were asked if we wanted to do anything about it but everyone said no because they didn’t want to waste anymore time, I regretfully said no also. Now my questions are (1) is there a limit of time for filing charges, (2) what could they be charged for, and (3) could we be charged for yelling “d*ck head” out the window? Any help would be greatly appricated

S

seniorjudge

I am not sure what you want to file charges for.

There might be peace disturbance charges filed on either side.

CdwJava

And ... what would be the point of wasting time going to court over this?

It is done. Forget about it.

But ... if you have lots of time to take off to attend a couple of court hearings, then knock yourself out. Though I doubt that the DA will file anything after you turned down the original opportunity.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">