• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marc_a_g

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I got married a year agoa nd since then an ex of mine will not leave me or my wife alone. She will call my house and leave messages and has lied to my wife that I am still seeing her. She even told my wife she knows where we live and has even stood outside our house at night. I have told her numerous times to quit calling and for awhile we thought she was out of our lives. Now she is back. I saw an old associate (Male) about a week ago and he found out at that time that my wife and I are expecting our second child. He went and told this girl and now she is back. She calls and hangs up and left a message of "I just wanted to say hi" on our voice mail. She blocks her number out so we can't trace it through the phone. Is this considered stalking? What are my options legally. Do I have to wait for her to do something? She called my job today and left a message saying for me to come and see her today. I have told her to please leave me alone but she does not seem to listen. What can I do???

H

hmmbrdzz

Yes there is something you can do. You can ignore her totally to include stopping talking about her to friends and / or trying to trace her calls, or you can tell her to "stop" (no pleases in it) one more time. If, after you tell her to stop, she continues to bother you anyhow (such as calling, leaving messages, etc.), call the police and advise them what's going on and request instructions from them on how to get a restraining order. If you've been talking to her any, your complaint will fall on deaf ears with the police.

hmmbrdzz

Son of Slam

You have committed adultery. What she is doing is only a very small part of the price you will pay. If children are involved you are doomed.

M

marc_a_g

I started a relationship with my wife in August 2001. The last time I even saw this girl was in May of 2001. Before my wife was in the picture. I did not commit adultery. I ended things with this woman and she left me alone. When she found out I had a girlfirend, she started up with calling. When she found out we got married, she became relentless. I do not talk to her. I have not talked to her since last July when I told her to leave us alone. This time around she is acting out without having spoken to me or my wife.

Thanks for the advice hmmmbrdzz.

AmosMoses

As hmmbrdzz

said, and I cannot stress enough, ignore anything she does. Any response you give her will only encourage her even more. Keep a "record" of the calls, etc., which sort of sounds like I am contradicting what I just said, but I am sure that you understand what I mean...never give her the satisfaction of any response from you but make note of anything she does, would be a better way to say it. It's hard to prove that sort of thing, but I am recommending the record keeping "just in case" you may need it later. Why don't you put that "call blocker" option on your phone that does not accept unidentified calls?

Incidentally, you are probably not doomed, in case you were overly concerned about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">