• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel33

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

This problem has been going on for 2 1/2 years and nothing has come of it YET. My daughter was involved in a spelling bee 2 1/2 years ago in which she took 1st place. The mother of another daughter (a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic who is noncompliant with meds) has harrased my family since her daughter lost in the spelling bee. She has left many harrasing phone calls has been asked to leave the property for confronting my daughter on school campus and has made verbal threats to myself and my husband. I have made many calls to the local police department in which they have taken reports and have been able to see the fact that she is CRAZY. We had a pretrial conference with the DA and the public deffender and I explained to them that I have a lot of evidence about this case. I have phone messages that I have recorded and had transcribed. I have police reports and a file provided by the Albuquerque Public School System that has been created to show all of the things that this woman has done, not only to my family but to teachers as well as the school principals. This woman has a previous felony stalking charge and was convicted in 1998.

During our hearing on 4/8/08 the publice deffender asked to "supress" the evidence I had because he was not told prior to the hearing that it exsisted. This is UNTRUE because I made it know that I had all of this evidence during the pretrial conference and the DA is a witness to that. When I questioned the DA about this, he claimed it was his fault that the evidence couldn't be used because he "forgot" to file a motion to have the evidence submitted. Does this sound like incompetence or what? They had to ammend the charge because it was written up wrong as well. They had it as a DV- telephone harrasment and her and I are non-familial so it can't be considered DV (domestic violence). The judge decided to file it as an extension and the charges were to be dropped to telephone harassment. I am furious that this woman can still STALK my family and it is only considered harassment. This should be felony stalking. To make this sitution worse, she has as 12 year old daughter who has just run away to escape the torment her mother has bestowed upon her. Any thoughts? I apologize, I know this is long...I just need some advice.

Thanks.
Angel33What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">