• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stalking in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

england07

with out going into long details I will try very hard to make a short summary of my question.
I have a mm stalking charge against me, I have pled not guilty and have hired an attorney. My question is this,

I also have a third degree felony, sitting at the state attorneys office, it has not been charged , just filed, the claim is that I violated a civil injuction, which should be a mm, but the charge is aggrevated stalking due to lies told to the police at the time of the incident. (details below) at the time I had not been served with the injunction so was within my rights to make the call.

I had also been told previously by the individual that he had taken in off

I made contact with him in January to try to sort out this and other issues, while on the phone with him, and attempting to carry on a civil conversation, his now girlfriend ( I am an ex) either grabbed the phone out of his had, or got on another line, and threatened me, I will not reapeat what she said, but here it is minus the swear words, You F#####B####, I am going to bring you down, I then yelled back, and hung up. Later on that evening I attempted to make phone calls again, I was angry, but decided against speaking and hung up.

I looked on line the following week, and saw the felony.
This past friday out of curiosity, I went down to the local police station, and pulled everything I could that was available to me in the form of public record, I was provided with the first page of the police report that was filed that day, as evidently the girlfriend called the police, altho I was never contacted by the police ( could have been that I went out shortly after I called)
the narrative states that somone in that house that day, I have no Idea who , as from what I understand there were three, people as was listed on the report, my ex, his girlfriend, and her sister. the narative states that I had told them " they were all going to die" and then I stated that I" knew what they were all wearing "and that I was going to" come over and slice their throat with my newly sharpened knives."
I was, and am very angry by these statements. as they couldnt be farther from the truth, and would like to know what recourse I have against who made those statements, I know that I need proof that I didnt say these things, so the following is the only proof that I have:

1 I made the call at aprox 1030 am I live with my sister and her son, I had only been up for an hour as it was a Saturday, and my sister heard the conversation. ie I have proof that I never left the house so how would I know what they were wearing, how I would have got close enough to "see" them without them seeing me is an added question, as it was not stated to the officer that I was ever seen near the house that morning, just that I knew what they were wearing.

2. and this is probably my strongest evidence, his girlfriend went out and filed her own restraining order on me the following week, I have copies of both orders as they have now been served. ( he was lying to me about taking his off) the fact that I threated both of their lives with my "knife" was not mentioned in either injunction, both her new injunction, and his was never ammended. none of it was , and a death threat could hardly be forgotton or overlooked by someone trying to get a judge to issue a restraining order!???!

there was mention of the phone calls, and her feelings of
harassment, but none of it included any
threat of bodily harm. there were some lies in the order, but they involved stupid things like the length of time of our relationship, and of course ommitted the fact that he was seeing us both at the same time, which caused me to end the relationship.

3. His girlfriend called my sister, approx two weeks after the incident and kept her on the phone for over an hour, (my sister allowed it because she wanted to find out what "made her tick") she mentioned nothing about the knife threat or anything of that nature, she seemed more concered that I was trying to get my ex back, she rambled on and on, about sueing me for harrassment, my sister said she sounded unstable.

I realize this ended up being too wordy anyway, I am not trying to say that I did nothing wrong, the break up was not pleasent, and involved anger on both sides, including the now girl friend.
but I am concerned that out of vengence, this is getting out of hand,
so far I have one stalking charge, mm . the felony as I stated earlier is still filed but not charged. My attorney has had one meeting with the state attorney, and even tho he did not mention the felony he was quick to bring up the knife incident to support his mm case, I think this thing could fall apart if I can prove that they lied. I would also , if I can like to bring my own charges, for making false statements to law inforcement, this has caused
me countless sleepless nights, I have had to get a prescription for tranquilizers, All because somebody decided here
that the injunctions were not good enough, they evidently want to see me either in jail or with a criminal record, and it appears to be out of vengence.. any help appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">