• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statchatory Rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SubpeanaMe

Delaware. Here's the situation: A few friends of mine, names edited, Bill (17) and Kelly (14) are seeing each other. They are sexually active and both parties parents are aware of this. The problem is, Bill's mother just discovered Kelly's age, which she had previously believed to be 15, and she is very unhappy about this. She is blatantly against this relationship, and has been for 6 months, the entire duration of it. We believe she may try and force Bill to end the relationship with the threat of Statchatory Rape charges. Bill will turn 18 on August 2002, and Kelly will be 15 on October 22nd 2002. Is there possiblities of charges being brought up against either one of them or Kelly's parents? and what kind of evidence would need to be collected in order for a conviction and/or trial to be arraigned? Thank you,

Concerned Friend

K

Kittyscorpio

right now your friend bill has nothing to worry about sense he is under the age of 18 but as soon as he turns 18 he does...he might want to check out the laws in your state with age of consent and the years there are allowed to be between a minor dating someone legal...it says in delware the age of consent is 16 for females with a male who is 18....there are also a certain number of year allowed between a minor and an adult...u're friend might want to find these laws sorry i couldn't help anymore...i've been in sitution with an ex he was just over 4 years older than me and would have got introuble for just dating me cause of his age.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">