• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State case in Georgia, do I have the right to a speedy trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crystallard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Georgia. I worked for 3 years for a kirby vacuum distributor. I left and went to work somewhere else, he claimed that I had stolen 2 of his machines and I was charged with and arrested for felony theft by taking. I was bailed out of jail and have retained a lawyer. That was in august of 2008. No court date has been sent and I am wondering how long can they hang this over my head. Is there not a limitation on right to a speedy trial or something?)?

crystallard

well what do you think would be the most appropriate. i didn't realize i wasnt supposed to do that. is it against the rules?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">