• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State to State Probation Terms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crklynn

What is the name of your state? I live in CT, Probation was transferred from Ks.

Please help me.

The initial crime happenned almost 10years ago in the state of Ks. I was charged w/larceny 6 (500 or less) for forging checks that didnt belong to me. I was on drugs at the time, and take full responsiblity. Because of the addiction, and lack of transportation, I didnt make it to court for my sentencing. A bench warrent was issued in 1997.

Couple of years ago (2002), I was driving (in CT) and was pulled over. To my surprise (I'd completely forgotten about it - was so long ago), this out of state (Ks) warrant popped up in system, and I was arrested, and given 3 court dates to "resolve" matter locally. CT judge told me to bring 500.00 to last court date, sign some papers, and be on my way. He felt that the case was so old, and minor that this would be satisfactory for KS. I was told this also by CT court clerk, that if I paid 500.00, that they couldnt touch me because restitution had been paid. Well, never the less, on last court date, KS had sent down Governors warrant, I was arrested (after paying 500.00 to court clerk) and virtuously extridited to KS. I was incarcerated for one month in CT (awaiting extridition) and then transported to KS (5 mos pregnant) and was held there another 3 months. I had several courtdates while there and my lawyer was able to get permission for KS probation to be turned over to CT for 18mos. Came back to CT, had my baby girl a month later, and resumed my life, working and abiding by the rules of my CT probation, for which I was classified as "low risk", therefore I didnt have to check in at all, just stay out of trouble. Which I did. I was just happy to be home, w/family. I hadnt been in trouble since all this began (no arrests) 10 yrs ago. I was ordered by the courts to pay 100.00 per mo sent directly to Ks. This restitution wasnt for the crime of larceny, the 1277.00 i had to pay was for the Plane Fare for 2 constibles to fly me back to KS. I started out w/paying 177.00 to round down to even #, then 100.00 per month..without fail..sometimes skimping on groceries and other bills to make sure this was paid to ensure me never returning to KS ever again. This experience also caused me to suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder/Depression. I was diagnosed shortly after my baby was born, recieved biweekly counciling and 3 major meds to keep me from freaking out by having "flashbacks, nightmares". So finally, after completing my probation successfully in CT 10/2003, CT sent completion paperwork to Ks. Ks, intern sent notice to an address that me and my family had moved from over a year before (past forwarding address time limit of one year) stating that I had a court date in KS for DNA collection (this wasnt listed on my KS or CT probation stipulation papers that I carried religously w/me at all times). They sent this information to me after I was cleared of Probation in CT. I wasnt even aware it was sent, I wasnt expecting anything after my completion date. In my mind this nightmare was finally over, and I could go on w/my life. I found this out when I again was pulled over, that I had an outstanding warrant in Ks for "violation of Probation"..I was mortified..panic attacks started all over again. They released me on ROR, because I thought it was a mistake/state to state miscommunication. I thought this could all be cleared up w/a couple of phn calls and faxes. I had another court date that same week to show proof, but after hearing that I actually was in violation, I was too afraid to show up, fearing my nightmare was about to start all over. I dont have any money for an atty, and Im in the process of saving up for one. Im now living in fear that I will be ripped away from my 2 children for a year, or however long they wanna hold me, and have changed residences in hopes of them not finding me, until I can get an atty to untangle this web for me. There are no warrants for me in CT, because they have me cleared of all charges/probation completed successfully, however, Police in Mass, where I lived , came to my door a few times(and missed "proof" courtdate). I didnt open it, because I knew what it was for. I just got my children and moved back to CT where at least I didnt have any charges pending. I need to know how long the statute of limitations would be for something like this..matter is 10 yrs old, and what means can I be tracked? I know not to do anything using my soc sec #..Im living underground right now until I can afford council. Im a single mother trying to do whats right for my kids and feel that myself, and everyone around me has gone through enough...I also need to know if I can be tracked through my children, or thier medical records. Im very paronoid, I need to start one child in school in the fall in our new location. My social is not needed, but his is. Is this sort of search for me possible? Please help me by answering me, and tell me if this whole deal is possible..I feel like I did what I was told to do, w/in the 18 mos on probation. How is it possible for them to request a court date after my completion of probation? Am I protected by CT in sort of "double jepardy" because Ive gone through the probation process, and successfully completed in this state?

Please help
Paronoid, and scared :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">