• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tompkinscounty

What is the name of your state? NY

Is there a time limit to bring a Vehicle and Traffic arrest for a Misdeameanor or felony charge.

tompkinscounty

I'll try to rephrase

tompkinscounty said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Is there a time limit to bring a Vehicle and Traffic arrest for a Misdeameanor or felony charge.
My son hit someones lawn mower a year and a half ago, while they were crossing the road. He probably was going too fast. He stopped to see if the person riding the lawn mower was ok and then went on his way. The person didn't ask his name but later saw the car parked at my house. The person came and asked for reimbursement for the damage caused to the lawn mower. I felt bad and paid him by check through the mail a couple of days later. They made a report to the Sheriffs department. My question is can they now after 1 1/2 years attemp to bring charges for that accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">