• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations for violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inokcity

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
What is the Statue of Limitations for violating probation, original charge for being put on probation was obtaining mechandice under false pretences, is seven years correct or is there even a Statue of Limitations for violating probation?

JETX

There is no statute of limitations on probation violation. And a warrant has very likely been issued for your arrest and/or detention. If it has been entered into the NCIC, anytime you are stopped or investigated, the warrant should 'pop up' and you will very likely get a few nights and meals at the county 'motel'.

G

GKris

There is never a limitation on violation of probation. Recently here a case was made newsworthy by a 73 yr old man returned to jail on a prob violation committed when he was 44 or so. Old guy had to be wheeled into jail by ambulance. Last I heard he was going back to the penitentiary where he will probably kick it.

I

inokcity

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, it cleared up alot for me. My sister is/was!! moving from hobart, ok to get her life in order, however she led me to believe that her problems with the law had expired due to Statue of Limitations, glad you all informed me, Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">