• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bubba1969

What is the name of your state? TX

I wrote some bad checks nearly 17 years ago when I was a college student living in TX and was wondering whether or not the statute of limitations would have wiped these out? While I was never arrested or went to court, I also never resolved these. If it matters, the total amount of all the checks would have been well under $1,000.

M

Mike101

Warrants if they get to old might get recalled by the clerk. They can always get reissued.
Safe bet is to expect that a warrant that has not been served is usually good intill 2 hours after you have died.

B

Bubba1969

warrrant

Other than getting an attorney, is there any way for me to find out if there is still (?) an warrant outstanding?

B

Bubba1969

warrant

I'll try calling (again) but did not have luck when I tried this about 10 years ago. When I called last time, they told me I would have to come in person to make that determination. I live out of state and besides obviously not interested in showing and getting arrested.

M

Mike101

I would seriously doubt that there are any warrant(s). That is a lot of years gone by. Probably have a problem finding a victim or anyone who might know anything about the case. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">