• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations 14 yr old & 19 yr old involved in statutory rape.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anonymous1978

FLORIDA

I am a 34 year old that was molested since between the ages of 5 and 14 by a guy that is 5 years older than me while living in FLORIDA. When I was 14 and he was 19 he had intercourse with me. I just found out he may be the father of my 18 year old dughter. At the time i was sleeping with my 16 year old boyfriend so when i got pregnant i automatically assumed he (boyfriend) was the father. When this guy found out I was having sex with my boyfriend is when he took it beyond just molestation and making me perform oral sex on him to intercourse. I recently had my boyfriend (who is now my husband) tested and he is not my daughter's father. My question is if I pursue the guy that was molesting me and committed statutory rape for paternity will he be in jeapordy of being prosecuted for a sexual crime or has the statutory of limitations run out. All of this happened between the years of 1984 and 1993. FYI: I am not necessarily looking to prosecute after all this time. I have forgiven him and moved on. I am just wondering if the criminal aspect will become an issue if it's determined he fathered my daughter. Also can I get child support if he is the father.

Silverplum

FLORIDA

I am a 34 year old that was molested since between the ages of 5 and 14 by a guy that is 5 years older than me while living in FLORIDA. When I was 14 and he was 19 he had intercourse with me. I just found out he may be the father of my 18 year old dughter. At the time i was sleeping with my 16 year old boyfriend so when i got pregnant i automatically assumed he (boyfriend) was the father. When this guy found out I was having sex with my boyfriend is when he took it beyond just molestation and making me perform oral sex on him to intercourse. I recently had my boyfriend (who is now my husband) tested and he is not my daughter's father. My question is if I pursue the guy that was molesting me and committed statutory rape for paternity will he be in jeapordy of being prosecuted for a sexual crime or has the statutory of limitations run out. All of this happened between the years of 1984 and 1993. FYI: I am not necessarily looking to prosecute after all this time. I have forgiven him and moved on. I am just wondering if the criminal aspect will become an issue if it's determined he fathered my daughter. Also can I get child support if he is the father.
http://www.theforensicnurse.com/Rape_and_sexual_assault_Statute_of_limitations_by_state.cfm#FL

No, the time for child support has passed.

LdiJ

FLORIDA

You are past the statute of limitations. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. However, if this individual is a family member or family friend then you want to consider whether or not there are people now who need to be protected from him.

davew128

FLORIDA

I am a 34 year old that was molested since between the ages of 5 and 14 by a guy that is 5 years older than me while living in FLORIDA. When I was 14 and he was 19 he had intercourse with me.
So, he was 10 years old when he first molested you? What am I not getting here? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">