• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amy S

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What is the statute of limitations for passing forged instruments? Also, how do I find out if there is a warrant for arrest in Texas in relation to this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What is the statute of limitations for passing forged instruments? Also, how do I find out if there is a warrant for arrest in Texas in relation to this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: contact the police and prosecutor's office and provide the name and info.

CavemanLawyer

The statute of limitations for forgery is ten years. CCP 12.01 (2)(C). Note that statutes of limitations is how long the State has to file the charges. Once charges are filed the warrant can be pending for a lifetime. The statute of limitations is also tolled if the fugitive leaves the state.

To check on a warrant you may be able to call the police agency that referred the charges to the DA's office but I seriously doubt they will answer the question. I can almost guarantee you that the District Attorney's office will not provide that information. Both entities will refer you to the warrant division of the Sheriff's Office, so you might as well just go straight to them since that is the office in Texas that issues warrants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">