• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations on child molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cynthiag

What is the name of your state? Arizona/Texas

Hello all,
I have a question. First off, the reason I put the two states is because I currently live in Arizona, but the incident took place in Texas.
My question is this. When I was between 4 and 6 years old, I was molested by my uncle. I had repressed my memories for 20 years up until February of last year (2002). I am thinking about confronting him, as soon as I get some issues taken care of first, ie..depression, healing, etc. I was also thinking of prosecuting him if I could. Does anyone know what the statute of limitations are in Texas for prosecuting my uncle for incest/molestation. I've heard in some states that the statute of limitations start at the time of a repressed memory and in other states it starts from the day of the incident. Can anyone help me find out or tell me where to look to get this information.
Another problem is that he is a major in the air force. I'm not sure if I need to go about this in a civilian court or a military court. If anyone can give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks to everyone.
Cynthia

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Read the lively discussion at the following link.

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://pub72.ezboard.com/fsnapsurvivorsnetworkfrm19.showMessage?topicID=12.topic

IAAL

C

Cynthiag

Statute of limiations

Thank you. I will look at that sight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">