• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations - Invasion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkit02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

Thanks in advance for any answer as to the statute of limitations in Pa.

As to videotaping - can someone press charges for something like that even if the offenses supposedly occured years ago? Can they suddenly say videos
were not consensual and try to press charges?

Thanks again

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

Thanks in advance for any answer as to the statute of limitations in Pa.

As to videotaping - can someone press charges for something like that even if the offenses supposedly occured years ago? Can they suddenly say videos
were not consensual and try to press charges?

Thanks again
What kind of videos? How many years ago? How old is the subject in the video? Where did the videos show up?

I suspect you are talking about a sex video suddenly appearing years after the relationship and the subject involved was not aware they were being taped. Is that it?

jkit02

You are right.

Adult (both). Consensual - but trying to say not now. 3 + years ago -
4-7 months ago claiming found out about...

TYhanks again

CdwJava

So, if I get this straight, one of the parties in the video is now claiming the SEX was not consensual? Or is there a dispute over whether or not the recording was consensual?

Is this 3+ years ago more then three but less than four years ago? Or some time longer?

CdwJava

As a note the PA statutes can sometimes be hard to access as their statutes do not appear on line in one easy to access place (or have not been in the recent past). So, attempting to find out what specific kind of crime this might be - if it even IS a crime - could be tough.

In general most civil and criminal actions in PA seem to have a 2 year SOL. However, whether or not that is 2 years after the incident comes to light, or after the commission, I do not know off the top of my head. If you are concerned, you might want to consult legal counsel just to be safe.

jkit02

Thank you. Apparently Pa. is (1) year for statute of limitations on that.
I just dont know if that's from "discovery" (supposed) of the tape, or when it was made?? If you know - I appreciate your knowledge in this...

CdwJava

I could only speculate unless I can find the specific offense. Frankly, searching for PA codes can sometimes be frustrating. But, you are free to look online for the section that most closely fits your predicament and then evaluate it in terms of the SOL.

But, your best bet might be to seek a consultation with an attorney if you are concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">