• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations for kidnapping in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chocolate13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California- What is the statute of limitations on kidnapping (3 minors under the age of 14) and statute of limitations on sex with a minor under the age of 14. I am writing a book about my family and my father commited these crimes over 30 years ago. Is he still at risk of being charged for these crimes?
I have tried other websites for info but all require a fee when I just need a simple answer.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California- What is the statute of limitations on kidnapping (3 minors under the age of 14) and statute of limitations on sex with a minor under the age of 14. I am writing a book about my family and my father commited these crimes over 30 years ago. Is he still at risk of being charged for these crimes?
I have tried other websites for info but all require a fee when I just need a simple answer.

There isn't a simple answer.

It depends on many things - whether or not Dad was related to the allegedly "kidnapped" children or not and if so, in what manner? (in other words, was it parental kidnapping or something else?) Where was Mom? What were the divorce and custody orders and so forth? Were charges ever brought?

Any decent author won't mind dishing out the dosh to find out the relevant information. It's not like we do homework here ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">