• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations on Prescription Forgery/Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LylahRose

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Texas

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is on prescription forgery? I have a friend (really!) who wrote himself prescriptions a few years ago. His current wife is threatening to tell on him. Can he get in trouble since it was more than 3 years ago? Thank you for any help!

acmb05

Look here

LylahRose said:

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is on prescription forgery? I have a friend (really!) who wrote himself prescriptions a few years ago. His current wife is threatening to tell on him. Can he get in trouble since it was more than 3 years ago? Thank you for any help!
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi

Btw yes he can. Very serious trouble depending on the drug.

acmb05

specifically

LylahRose said:

481.129. OFFENSE: FRAUD.

481.130. PENALTIES UNDER OTHER LAW

481.131. OFFENSE: DIVERSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
PROPERTY OR PLANT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">