• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sk8board

What is the name of your state? Texas

How does the Statutory Rape Law apply to an eighteen year old who is dating a 15 or 16 year old and they have had intercourse? Can he still be charged with Statutory Rape? In Texas 17 years old is also considered to be an adult. Would that charge still apply?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Sk8board said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

How does the Statutory Rape Law apply to an eighteen year old who is dating a 15 or 16 year old and they have had intercourse? Can he still be charged with Statutory Rape? In Texas 17 years old is also considered to be an adult. Would that charge still apply?

**A: I believe you answered your own question.

S

Sk8board

Thanks very much for your reply. It was very helpful, and other links from that site explained the law very clearly.

S

Sk8board

No, HomeGuru, It didn't answer it completely.

I found that if an adult who has sexual relations with a child can show that the child was 14 years of age or older at the time of the encounter, and that the adult is no more than three years older than the child, he or she cannot be convicted under this statute
See http://www.utexas.edu/student/lss/ayl_archive/StatutoryRape.htm

C

Captain C

Anytime sk8. Let me know if you can help me with my issue. It's under "Underage Kissing". Anyone help please. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">