• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brittani Minish

I'm in Georgia. About a month ago I got caught skipping school at my boyfriend's house. It was a month and a half before my 16th birthday and he was 17. Now my dad is trying to charge my boyfriend with statutory rape. What do I do? Help me please!:(

stephenk

you cant do anything. once your dad reports the matter to the police, it is up to the police and the district attorney to decide if they wish to proceed with the charges.

U

UberShrub

You can't really do anything. However, consider the following:

Under Georgia Code 16-6-3, "if the victim is 14 or 15 years of age and the person so convicted is no more than three years older than the victim, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor" instead of a felony statutory rape. A first offense of this sort carries a maximum penalty of a $1000 file or twelve months' incarceration. That might sound bad, but it's nothing compared to the 5-20 *years* he'd face for a "real" statutory rape charge. In addition, since it would only be a misdemeanor - and a first offense at that - it's possible he'd get off with nothing more than probation.

- UberShrub.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a qualified legal advisor. I make no guarantees as to the accuracy or applicability of this information - consult a real lawyer before taking anthing I've said seriously.

G

gooberitiz

seriously.....

you need to be as offensive as possible.

state to the police you need his cock.... or better yet to a judge.

you need to make sure everyone knows YOU wanted sex so bad you couldn't stop yourself.

No one would convict him.

E

elmo00

Brittani Minish said:
I'm in Georgia. About a month ago I got caught skipping school at my boyfriend's house. It was a month and a half before my 16th birthday and he was 17. Now my dad is trying to charge my boyfriend with statutory rape. What do I do? Help me please!:(

Look into the law.........in some states if you are at the age of 14 or older as long as you consent they can not do anything............also try to talk with her father and tell him how you really feel and that you understand how he feels.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">