• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boyceville1

What is the name of your state? wisconsin

Please help !!!

I have a sixteen year old son that has had consentual sex with a fifteen year old girl. The girl was seeing some type of counselor and this came out. She is not pregnant, they are not seeing each other now.

Neither the girl nor her parents seem to have a problem with this , yet the state is pressing statutory rape charges against my son.

This seems like a huge waste of tax payers money, these kids are less than a year apart in age !!!!!!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.
:eek:

HomeGuru

boyceville1 said:
What is the name of your state? wisconsin

Please help !!!

I have a sixteen year old son that has had consentual sex with a fifteen year old girl. The girl was seeing some type of counselor and this came out. She is not pregnant, they are not seeing each other now.

Neither the girl nor her parents seem to have a problem with this , yet the state is pressing statutory rape charges against my son.

This seems like a huge waste of tax payers money, these kids are less than a year apart in age !!!!!!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.
:eek: [

**A: you are missing the point regarding the almost a year part in age. Your son is guilty period even if the girl said use me and abuse me and her parents agreed.

stephenk

if your son was 10 and the girl was 9, would you still have the same opinion?

who reported the event to the police since you claim the parents dont seem to care.

B

boyceville1

sorry, it is not that I do not have the balls to write back, it is that I have a job and have not been spending all my time surfing in the last 24hrs.

I mis stated one point in my original writing, I had gotten caught up in the amazing number on 19-25 year old men out there that are dating these young girls. My son is 16, that age minus the girls age of 15 = 1 year . In reality, my son had just turned 16 and the girl was to turn 16 in 3 months. These are both children who are 2 months and 14 days apart in age. Neither one is old enough nor mature enough to engage in a sexual relationship.. I got it ..

My question was , legally what are my next steps.. I am a business professional that has had very little experience with the criminal side of life. I do not know how court systems work or what to expect. Should I just simply let my son rot in hell because of this horrific crime he has committed ??

As for your question of who reported this .. I believe that was stated in my original posting, but just in case you missed it.. the girl was in counseling ( many teen agers are , this does not make her a BAD person ) and this information came out . This was then reported to some state agency ( I'm unclear as to who at this time as I have not had contact with many state agencies in my life either) This person than talked to my son at school telling him that this information would remain confidential. My son told him the same thing the girl had told him,,, they had sex !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your legal advice .

A

aahlee

Why not YELL and SCREAM SEX DISCRIMINATION........

Charge the girl with statutory Rape as well.......

Demand it, this is wrong as BOTH are GUILTY!

CMSC

I have yet to figure out how he can be charged with statutory rape when they are both under the age of consent in Wisconsin? I am not saying that I would want my 15 year old having sex, but why is it considered stautory rape? Wisconsin age of consent is 18, so if neither of these children are old enough to consent shouldn't the parents be the one's charged for consenting to allow them to have sex?

You can try going to fightforme.com and see what they can do. Your son should just face the music...he may be a registered sex offender all his life now because you allowed him to engage in sex and have no problem with it.

M

Mike101

I believe in your state the law says reached the age of 16. So if a person on his or her 16th birthday has sex with someone who is 15 and 364 days old 23 hours and 59 minutes and 59 seconds, then they have committed a crime.
Does it make sense? Who knows.

CMSC

Mike101 said:
I believe in your state the law says reached the age of 16. So if a person on his or her 16th birthday has sex with someone who is 15 and 364 days old 23 hours and 59 minutes and 59 seconds, then they have committed a crime.
Does it make sense? Who knows.

No that isn't what wisconsin law says...age of consent is 18 and Sexual contact is different levels of felony for victims under 13 or 16.

M

Mike101

Isn't it if a person has sex with someone under the age of 16?

CMSC

Mike101 said:
Isn't it if a person has sex with someone under the age of 16?

Maybe...if you can site the law you saw that from and if anyone can make sense of wisconsin law...be my guest!

G

gissella

My son was also charged with a felony for consensual sex with his underage girlfriend. (Vermont) I have done a ton of research, and found a lot of newspaper articles on Wisconsin. In 1997 there was a case involving an 18 year-old and a 15 year-old. The boys name was Kevin Gillson. Anyway, the whole town was mad that he was convicted of this, and the jury even wanted the governor to pardon him. www.levellers.org/jrp/orig/jrp.wiscjury.htm
My advice is to get the best attorney you can afford, and not to be afraid to make your story public.

M

mobopp

It all goes back to sex discrimination, either they BOTH get charged or they Both get dropped.

fair is fair, even steven, Equal rights for men/boys too!

M

markalot

TALK TO A LAWYER. NOT THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, THEY KNOW NOTHING.

SEE IF THERE IS SOME TYPE OF DIVERSION PROGRAM SO THE CASE WILL BE NOLLE PROSSED AFTER COUNSELING OR IF THE CASE CAN BE REDUCED TO A MISDEMEANOR OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT. IF HE IS CONVICTED OF A FELONY HE WILL HAVE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER AND AS HE GETS OLDER EVERY ONE WILL ASSUME (SETPKHEN) THAT HE IS A CHILD MOLESTER.

THE D.A. WILL TRY TO GET HIM TO PLEAD GUILTY OR THREATEN THEM WITH A LONG PRISION TERM. TALK TO A REAL LAWYER BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. .........

I ASKED FOR HELP ON THIS SITE AND ALL I GOT WAS LEWD REMARKS. IT IS JUST A BUNCH OF BIGOTS & WANT TO BE LAWYERS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE LAW.
:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">