• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worried_friend

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Recently my friend "Leroy" , has gotten into a bit of a situation. His girlfriend just gave birth to a baby girl. He is 24 his girlfriend is 16. The problem is, he did not know that she was 16 until she went into the hospital. He has been dating her for almost two years now, she lied to us all and said that she was 19 when she moved in. She had identification that looked official to us all that said the same. She went to the hospital, got on food stamps, got on medicaid, recieved WIC and her drivers license with this ID. EVERYONE was fooled. You would think that the State Agencies would know that the form of ID she was using was Fake. She some how got her hands on a falseified birth certificate. Her parents let their 14 year old girl leave the house with two men both over the age of 20 years old. They had the address and we all met them several times. They even gave their then 15 year old daughter money to stay in a hotel with her then 23 year old boyfriend, and never told him how old she was. They allowed her to stay gone and never asked her to come home, never called the police. They knew where she was and they felt safe in assuming that she was safe. No this girls mother is hanging the age difference over Leroy's head. Saying that if he screws her daughter over, hes going to jail. I have several questions about this.

1) Is he responsible for this? Considering that even State Agencies couldn't even tell her birth certificate was fake. And the fact that I myself have a sister a year older than her, and I believed that this 16 year old was one year younger than myself.

2) Aren't her parents also legally responsible for what they allowed to happen? I.E Contributing to the sexuall delinquincy of a minor, contributing to the delinquincy of a minor, child neglect, child abuse, etc.?

3) If this was reported to the authorities, would their baby get taken away from them? This is what we are most worried about.

4) Is there anything that can be done to get them out of this situation? To get them away from a controlling mother whose playing mind games? She told her daughter that she could get emancipated, and then she told Leroy, not on your life.

I appriciate every bit of advice I can get on this situation. Just FIY, yes I am extremely mad at this girl, she has put my fiance and me in danger of being charged with something we had no idea was happening. But whats done is done, and she does have Leroy's child, what we need now is too know what Leroy's legal rights are in this situation and to know if her parents would also face charges.
Thank-You

Son of Slam

worried_friend said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

Recently my friend "Leroy" , has gotten into a bit of a situation. His girlfriend just gave birth to a baby girl. He is 24 his girlfriend is 16. The problem is, he did not know that she was 16 until she went into the hospital. He has been dating her for almost two years now, she lied to us all and said that she was 19 when she moved in. She had identification that looked official to us all that said the same. She went to the hospital, got on food stamps, got on medicaid, recieved WIC and her drivers license with this ID. EVERYONE was fooled. You would think that the State Agencies would know that the form of ID she was using was Fake. She some how got her hands on a falseified birth certificate. Her parents let their 14 year old girl leave the house with two men both over the age of 20 years old. They had the address and we all met them several times. They even gave their then 15 year old daughter money to stay in a hotel with her then 23 year old boyfriend, and never told him how old she was. They allowed her to stay gone and never asked her to come home, never called the police. They knew where she was and they felt safe in assuming that she was safe. No this girls mother is hanging the age difference over Leroy's head. Saying that if he screws her daughter over, hes going to jail. I have several questions about this.

1) Is he responsible for this? Considering that even State Agencies couldn't even tell her birth certificate was fake. And the fact that I myself have a sister a year older than her, and I believed that this 16 year old was one year younger than myself.

2) Aren't her parents also legally responsible for what they allowed to happen? I.E Contributing to the sexuall delinquincy of a minor, contributing to the delinquincy of a minor, child neglect, child abuse, etc.?

3) If this was reported to the authorities, would their baby get taken away from them? This is what we are most worried about.

4) Is there anything that can be done to get them out of this situation? To get them away from a controlling mother whose playing mind games? She told her daughter that she could get emancipated, and then she told Leroy, not on your life.

I appriciate every bit of advice I can get on this situation. Just FIY, yes I am extremely mad at this girl, she has put my fiance and me in danger of being charged with something we had no idea was happening. But whats done is done, and she does have Leroy's child, what we need now is too know what Leroy's legal rights are in this situation and to know if her parents would also face charges.
Thank-You

Well, you've really screwed the pooch this time, worried_friend. One of them guys that just cant keep it in his pants. The whole community may hear of this criminal act.
First off, before you say anything, to anybody, You have to get all of your stories straight as an arrow. There may be people who want to laugh and point fingers. They may ask "What's that funny smell?" Before you even see any of those people, you must be prepared.
A criminal record is nothing to take lightly. It can completely ruin your life. How would you like to be dreaming about some 14 year old and wake up in jail with big Bubba smiling at you? What if, in self-defense, you hurt him, so bad, that you went to prison for it, and your cellmate turned out to be big Bubbas bigger brother? Things may just seam to compound, and soon you're a career criminal.

Dude, you're going down hard, get a lawyer.

Z

zappy

This calls for Leroy to stand up and Be a MAN....

It means he must sue the bitch for lying, he must want as much publicty, ans possible, gather all the information as to her fake ID, medicaid/foodstamp WIC fraud, etc.

And be relentless in his assult on her character.

Ok did she have BIG BOOBS for a 16 year old?

Any pictures to show her in a binkini? to prove No 16 year old is that BIG?
-----------

2) Aren't her parents also legally responsible for what they allowed to happen? I.E Contributing
to the sexuall delinquincy of a minor, contributing to the delinquincy of a minor, child neglect,
child abuse, etc.?
-----------

Yes i would consider a civil suit aginst the parents as well, she still is a minor and the parents are held responsible for her actions..

So just remember the only way to possibly get out of this , is to make so much noise, and get as much publicity as he can, so that the case may wind up on COURT TV!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">