• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LLATWELL

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I NEED INFORMATION REGARDING ABORTION LAWS IN FLORIDA
REGARDING A MINOR CHILD 15 YEARS OLD.
THIS IS A CASE OF STATUTORY RAPE.
I DO INTEND TO PRESS CHARGES, I AM WAITING ON THE RESULTS OF HER DR.'S APPT. TOMORROW. I JUST FOUND OUT SUNDAY, AND SHE IS SCHEDULE TO SEE MY DR TOMORROW FOR CONFIRMATION AND HOW FAR ALONG SHE ACTUALLY IS. SHE SAYS 3-4 MONTHS.
HE IS 24 ALMOST 25.

L

LLATWELL

sorry about the all caps I have never used your site and I am trying to learn how to use it to get the info I need desperately.
charges are going to be made I thought I needed a doctors
report to confirm not only the rape but that she is pregnant as a result.

L

LLATWELL

would you like me to write this again in lower case or can you process my question as is. I am trying to learn your site. This is the first time I have visited this site. I do need your help however, so I will re-do the question if need be

L

LLATWELL

I need information on abortion laws in florida regarding a minor child 15 years old.
this is a case of statutory rape. she has a doctors appointment tomorrow to get confirmation from the doctor of the pregnancy
then i am pressing charges.
but i also want to get her in for a abortion only she thinks she is 3-4 months along.
i only found out sunday because she was afraid.
the man who did this is 24 almost 25

stephenk

have you reported this to your local police? You dont need to wait for the confirmation of pregnancy in order to file the complaint with the police.

JETX

Are you more concerned about getting her an abortion than in prosecuting the animal who did this to her???
If so, you have your priorities screwed up.

Call the local police and file a rape of minor charge against the piece of crap. And then arrange the abortion if that is what SHE wants to do.

M

monnickasmommy

Have you thought of ADOPTION not abortion ? Place that baby with a family that "cares" for a child that they can not have !

L

LLATWELL

charges were filed last night, however I thought they would go arrest him immediately, but that is not the case that was just the first step in many.
will he be put away or will he just get a slap on the wrist with probation or some such crap?
there is still question about abortion laws in florida.
I have also considered adoption as a alternative but there are
issues involving possible deformaties due to x-rays done and prescription medications taken before knowing her condition

dequeendistress

Why don't you look up the abortion laws yourself, using any good search engine. I, and I am sure others don't want to assist in such.

I also feel there is more to the story since you just found out about the pregnancy and already are stating there are complications.

What do you care if the guy was arrested within ten minutes of the filing or two weeks, you originally were not pursuing it.

The man probably has a warrant for arrest or will as soon as a judge can issue such.

C

casual observer

Hey Dequeen, what is your deal? Better yet, what are your qualifications to dispense advice to anyone? On any given topic.

From what I have seen, you are quite the bandwagon jumper. Waiting until one of the other "smart azzes" proffers up some worthless nugget of advice, then you chime in with your ramblings.

I have yet to see you answer anyones question directly. Did it ever occur to you, that even though some of the questions posted here may seem idiotic, that to the individual posting, it may actually constitute a crisis to them?

With the exception of cbg and beth3, I have not seen any of you so called resident experts, dispense anything other than drivel. Instead, you sit atop your little internet kingdom, chuckling to yourself about what a witty reply you made to an issue you have no clue to. You are a perfect sample of what a large percentage of shut ins such as yourself have become. Popular in your internet circle of dorks. hiding in the shadows of your work station at home, eating krispy kremes and whining to yourself about how bad the world is.

Why don't you try something constructive, like volunteering in your community, or working towards getting an education in a particular field so you can spout off with some authority, and maybe even garner a little respect for yourself.

Give it a rest, all of you smart azzes. People come here in a legitimate search for help. Your condesending retorts, and "look at how cool I am" crap helps no one.

Sincerely,

the casual observer

H

hexeliebe

Hey Dequeen, what is your deal? Better yet, what are your qualifications to dispense advice to anyone? On any given topic.

From what I have seen, you are quite the bandwagon jumper. Waiting until one of the other "smart azzes" proffers up some worthless nugget of advice, then you chime in with your ramblings.

I have yet to see you answer anyones question directly. Did it ever occur to you, that even though some of the questions posted here may seem idiotic, that to the individual posting, it may actually constitute a crisis to them?

With the exception of cbg and beth3, I have not seen any of you so called resident experts, dispense anything other than drivel. Instead, you sit atop your little internet kingdom, chuckling to yourself about what a witty reply you made to an issue you have no clue to. You are a perfect sample of what a large percentage of shut ins such as yourself have become. Popular in your internet circle of dorks. hiding in the shadows of your work station at home, eating krispy kremes and whining to yourself about how bad the world is.

Why don't you try something constructive, like volunteering in your community, or working towards getting an education in a particular field so you can spout off with some authority, and maybe even garner a little respect for yourself.

Give it a rest, all of you smart azzes. People come here in a legitimate search for help. Your condesending retorts, and "look at how cool I am" crap helps no one.

Sincerely,

the casual observer
Sounds like Drivel to me.

Now poster, to your question. Here is some reference.

In 1989, the Florida Supreme Court, basing its decision on Florida constitutional provisions generally barring governmental intrusion into a person's private life, struck down a one-parent statute otherwise similar to § 12S. In re T.W., 551 So. 2d 1186 (Fla. 1989).

In In re T.W., 551 So. 2d 1186 (Fla. 1989), the Supreme Court of Florida considered the constitutionality of a State statute, Fla. Stat. Ann. § 390.001 (4) (a) (Supp. 1988), requiring parental consent before a minor could receive an abortion. While that statute did provide for a judicial bypass procedure, that procedure made no provision for a lawyer for the minor or for a record hearing. Id. at 1196. The court, relying on the Florida Constitution's right of privacy and noting the aforementioned procedural infirmities of the judicial bypass mechanism, held the statute unconstitutional.

Now, as to whether she CAN or Cannot get an abortion, the answer seems to be yes. And even without parental consent.
(AMENDMENTS TO THE FLORIDA RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE)

On a personal note, this is a very private, difficult decision. Please don't make it in haste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">