• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it statutory rape???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vampyre_love

ok... if the girl is 14 and the guy is 17... is it ok for them to be having intercourse.. im worried about my friend and her bf and i havent been able to find any good sites to give me specifics...:confused: the state i live in is Illinois, so if you know nething..plz help me..thanx

bb_wolfe

If they're under 18, and have to ask, then yes, it's rape.

Please get them to stop, I'm sick of paying $50K in income taxes each year so your idiot friends can procreate and live off welfare.

P

Pfaffing85690

Although most of these laws protect young persons (of either sex) from the sexual exploitation of older individuals, the laws of Arizona, Florida, and Illinois permit prosecution of both minor females and minor males for engaging in mutual sexual conduct.

720 ILCS 5/12-15
Criminal sexual abuse

(a) The accused commits criminal sexual abuse if he or she:

(1) commits an act of sexual conduct by the use of force or threat of force; or

(2) commits an act of sexual conduct and the accused knew that the victim was unable to understand the nature of the act or was unable to give knowing consent.

(b) The accused commits criminal sexual abuse if the accused was under 17 years of age and commits an act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a victim who was at least 9 yearss of age but under 17 years of age when the act was committed.

(c) The accused commits criminal sexual abuse if he or she commits an act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a victim who was at least 13 years of age but under 17 years of age and the accused was less than 5 years older than the victim.

(d) Sentence. Criminal sexual abuse is a Class A misdemeanor. A second or subsequent conviction for a violation of subsection

(a) of this Section is a Class 2 felony. For purposes of this Section, it is a second or subsequent conviction if the accused has at any time been convicted under this Section or under any similar statute of this State or any other state for any offense involving sexual abuse or sexual assault that is substantially equivalent to or more serious than the sexual abuse prohibited under this Section.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">