• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory rape.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheeksnsteve

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Ok I've searched everywhere for advice on this and really haven't found a clear answer. My girlfriend is 16 years old. I am 18. About a year ago when she was 15 and I was 17 her mom thought we had intercourse. I'm not going to get into the why's or anything, but we didn't. Anyway My girlfriend is so scared of her mom because her mom is somewhat abusive she just kept saying yes when her mom asked her because she was so scared. Her mom didn't do anything for awhile. Then one day a teacher falsly claimed he saw me and my girlfriend skipping class. Her mom called the police and I went down and spoke with the detective assigned to the case. I told him what had happened and he said he wasn't going to press the issue unless her mom really put pressure on. That was about two months after it happened. It's been about 11 since it origanally happened. The detective contacted me the next day and told me he spoke with her mom and it's a dead issue. Since he told me I could still speak with my girlfriend because there is no legal issue against it. My question is what would happen if her mom decided to push the issue? What would be the likely outcome? Thank you to anyone that helps me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">