• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karenmsk

What is the name of your state? PA
I am a mother of a 16 year old girl I just found out that she has been with a 21 year old man. I am not a mother who approves of this. It is wrong. I researched the law but didnt get a straight answer. What is the legal age of concentment in this state? Can I do anything?

Just Blue

Pennsylvania

18 § 3121
Rape to engage in sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than 13 years of age.

Rape to engage in deviate sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than (1) 13 years of age or (2) 16 years of age and the actor is four or more years older.

I would suggest, very strongly, that you file a complaint to the police. Today.

karenmsk

statuatory rape ???

:mad:I called the state police, they told me nothing could be done because she concented to it and she is 16 (since when is a 16 year old an adult )it would only be corruption of a minor, if that, they want to talk to her but I highly doubt it will do anything.Now I have to take my daughter to a clinic to make sure she didnt contact anything from this guy.. guess we take the law into our own hands...to make sure this doesnt happen again..Thanks for all yor advice. One very pissed off mother

Just Blue

:mad:I called the state police, they told me nothing could be done because she concented to it and she is 16 (since when is a 16 year old an adult )it would only be corruption of a minor, if that, they want to talk to her but I highly doubt it will do anything.Now I have to take my daughter to a clinic to make sure she didnt contact anything from this guy.. guess we take the law into our own hands...to make sure this doesnt happen again..Thanks for all yor advice. One very pissed off mother
Take yourself down to the POLICE STATION in your town and file a COMPLAINT. Ask for the Detective or Officer that handles SEX CRIMES. If they try to dissuade you from filing ASK TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISING OFFICER. It is CLEARLY against the law for a 21 year old ADULT to have sex with a 16 year old CHILD per the PA. State Statute I quoted to you.

fairisfair

Take yourself down to the POLICE STATION in your town and file a COMPLAINT. Ask for the Detective or Officer that handles SEX CRIMES. If they try to dissuade you from filing ASK TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISING OFFICER. It is CLEARLY against the law for a 21 year old ADULT to have sex with a 16 year old CHILD per the PA. State Statute I quoted to you.
I agree mom needs to attempt again to file a complaint. But Bay, doesn't that statute say someone who is:

a. Less than 13 years of age or

b Less than 16 years of age with someone 4 years older.

This girl is 16. the age of consent. I realize that the word less is not physically retyped, but in my interpretation, it is there. I mean, otherwise, what the he11 happened to 14 and 15????

Just Blue

I agree mom needs to attempt again to file a complaint. But Bay, doesn't that statute say someone who is:

a. Less than 13 years of age or

b Less than 16 years of age with someone 4 years older.

This girl is 16. the age of consent. I realize that the word less is not physically retyped, but in my interpretation, it is there. I mean, otherwise, what the he11 happened to 14 and 15????
No...Not the way I read it...

2) 16 years of age and the actor is four or more years older.

Happy Trails

§ 3121. Rape

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a felony of the first degree when he or she
engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant:

1. By forcible compulsion.

2. By threat of forcible compulsion that would prevent resistance by a person of
reasonable resolution.

3. Who is unconscious or where the person knows that the complainant is unaware that
the sexual intercourse is occurring.

4. Where the person has substantially impaired the complainant's power to appraise or
control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the knowledge of the
complainant, drugs, intoxicants or other means for the purpose of preventing resistance.

5. Who suffers from a mental disability which renders the complainant incapable of
consent.

6. Who is less than 13 years of age.

(b) Additional penalties.--In addition to the penalty provided for by subsection (a), a
person may be sentenced to an additional term not to exceed ten years' confinement and
an additional amount not to exceed $100,000 where the person engages in sexual
intercourse with a complainant and has substantially impaired the complainant's power to
appraise or control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the
knowledge of the complainant, any substance for the purpose of preventing resistance
through the inducement of euphoria, memory loss and any other effect of
this substance.

------------------

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the
second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under
the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and
the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

Just Blue

§ 3121. Rape

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a felony of the first degree when he or she
engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant:

1. By forcible compulsion.

2. By threat of forcible compulsion that would prevent resistance by a person of
reasonable resolution.

3. Who is unconscious or where the person knows that the complainant is unaware that
the sexual intercourse is occurring.

4. Where the person has substantially impaired the complainant's power to appraise or
control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the knowledge of the
complainant, drugs, intoxicants or other means for the purpose of preventing resistance.

5. Who suffers from a mental disability which renders the complainant incapable of
consent.

6. Who is less than 13 years of age.

(b) Additional penalties.--In addition to the penalty provided for by subsection (a), a
person may be sentenced to an additional term not to exceed ten years' confinement and
an additional amount not to exceed $100,000 where the person engages in sexual
intercourse with a complainant and has substantially impaired the complainant's power to
appraise or control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the
knowledge of the complainant, any substance for the purpose of preventing resistance
through the inducement of euphoria, memory loss and any other effect of
this substance.

------------------

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the
second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under
the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and
the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

HT to the rescue...:cool:

Karen, I apologize for misreading the statute and directing you in the wrong way...

You should consult with an attorney to see about legal ways to keep this jerk away from your daughter. And you also need to educate your daughter on the dangers of "seeing" ADULT men.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">