• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onlythinking

So, Here's the case; I'm 18 and currently talking to a 16 year old girl I met when I was 17. I live in Tennessee and she lives in Indiana. A few weeks back her mother said it was okay for her brother to bring her down here for a visit. So he did. Everything was fine till she got home. Since then her sister and friends have been threatning me and accusing me of statutory rape. I've checked both Tennessee and Indiana state law and I don't fall under any of accusations, but my mind will not let it rest. So is there any wrong doing because of her trip? Some more information they're even saying that it was illegal for me to bring her out of state. But I did not bring her here. They're getting really anoying and I've reported their messages, on facebook, as spam and they will not stop. Is there anything I can do?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Get rid of your facebook account if the messages are annoying and won't be stopped.

Speak to an attorney regarding your defense.

CdwJava

If 16 is the age of consent in Indiana, and they cannot make a valid claim that you lured her across state lines for the purpose of engaging in sexual intercourse, then you may be okay.

However, depending on the content of emails and what she is telling mom and dad, you could find yourself in trouble.

It is NEVER a good idea to boff a minor even if it is legal as many bad things can happen as a result ... not the least of which is unexpectedly earning the title, "daddy."

onlythinking

And I just looked at state law for Indiana and age of consent is 14 for males and 16 for females. Thanks everyone for your support.:)

CdwJava

And I just looked at state law for Indiana and age of consent is 14 for males and 16 for females. Thanks everyone for your support.:)
Uh, no ... first, the age of consent is 16 for males and females. Second, I don't see where anyone offered "support." I certainly did not. I find relations with a minor reprehensible whether legal or not ... though I also find relations outside of marriage immoral as well.

And, as I said, unless it can be shown that you lured her by false pretenses or somehow forced or tricked her into sex, I don't see that you have committed any crime. But, this is what can happen when you choose to engage in such activity with kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">