• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape case over with, someone set the record straight, please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PeleGoddess

What is the name of your state? California
Earlier this year, my boyfriend of two years pleaded guilty to statutory rape (I was seventeen, turned eighteen two weeks ago) and was sentenced to eight days of labor. When he was arrested, I avoided contact, except to write a letter in his defense to the judge, but once he was sentenced, he started coming back to my house. My mom wants to keep him away from me, she's very intense about the whole situation, perpetually threatens to kill him (even in front of the police), which is why I stay away from him. Anyway, at one point, he said that part of his sentencing was that he couldnt have any sexual contact with me until I was eighteen, which makes sense. . but my mother reminds me on a constant basis that he's "on probation for three years and cant have any direct or indirect contact with me during that time". She wasnt satisfied with the sentencing, since he served no time and wasnt registered as a sex offender. . .so, now she's charging him with harassment, cause he came to me house three times, when I wasnt here. . .
Anyway, im just wondering whether or not it's even possible that he could actually be forced to stay away from me after i've turned eighteen. Even the police thought the entire case was bull, im just curious as to how much of that sentence my mom's fabricated. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

If those were the terms of his plea bargain, then he must comply. Any contact then would be a direct violation a court order.

JETX

If the full facts of the case are that he was ordered to not see you until you are eighteen, and you are now that age, then there shouldn't be any restrictions in his seeing you.

However, your post isn't clear as to the three year 'issue' raised by your mother. Presumably, that is his probation for the charge and, if it has no further restriction on his seeing you, then go for it.

Also, since you are now eighteen, you are presumably able to make your own mind up on these things.

P

PeleGoddess

Ideally, because im eighteen, I would be able to make up my own mind. . .problem is, my mom put me in homeschool my whole life, until I went to college (where I met my boyfriend, how inappropriate!), and has never allowed me to get a job. She wants me to go to school full time, which im happy to do. . .but because im not allowed to work, I cant get out of the house. . and as long as im dependent on her, I have to cooperate with her rules. . however ridiculous.

P

PeleGoddess

terms, straight from the court case

SUMMARY PROBATION GRANTED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS, UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) OBEY ALL LAWS AND ORDINANCES.
2) BE COMMITTED TO CUSTODY OF RSO FOR MODERATE PERIOD OF TIME, 10 DAYS;
3) SAID COMMITTMENT TO BE SERVED ON CONSECUTIVE WEEKENDS COMMENCING ON 06/13/2003 AT 13:00 , OR AS AUTHORIZED BY RSO WEEKENDER PROGRAM.
4) PAY RESTITUTION FINE OF $100.00 PURSUANT TO 1202.4(B) PC TO THE COURT AS DIRECTED BY FINANCIAL SERVICES
5) ADDED TERM: NO SEXUAL CONTACT WITH KAWENA C.

Lewcifer

PeleGoddess said:
SUMMARY PROBATION GRANTED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS, UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) OBEY ALL LAWS AND ORDINANCES.
2) BE COMMITTED TO CUSTODY OF RSO FOR MODERATE PERIOD OF TIME, 10 DAYS;
3) SAID COMMITTMENT TO BE SERVED ON CONSECUTIVE WEEKENDS COMMENCING ON 06/13/2003 AT 13:00 , OR AS AUTHORIZED BY RSO WEEKENDER PROGRAM.
4) PAY RESTITUTION FINE OF $100.00 PURSUANT TO 1202.4(B) PC TO THE COURT AS DIRECTED BY FINANCIAL SERVICES
5) ADDED TERM: NO SEXUAL CONTACT WITH KAWENA C.
Has your home schooling included remedial reading? It is clear from the above order that he may not have sexual contact with you (that includes your fellating him, or him performing cunilingus on your labia minora or other vaginal parts, as well as mutual masturbation and/or penetration with a foreign object such as a cucumber, dildo or fingers)... regardless of YOUR age.

The verdict stands unless modified by the court. But in your case, what good will that do? If you have to LIVE at home with your mom, who has sheltered you for all these years... then "seeing" him (and you and I both know you're going to have sex) will only make your living situation more intolerable than it already is. At the same time, I would not be suggest you "fly the coop" and start living on your own, because it is obvious to me that you've been so sheltered throughout your life that you're too naive and will likely get into "boy" trouble quickly.

In summary... lose the guy... stop paying attention to what may or may not happen with him. Refuse to see him, period. Stay in school, and try to gain some wisdom and understanding of life in general. Then, at age 21, say goodbye to mom. At that point, start dating... and commit to yourself that you're not going to give guys hand-jobs or let them finger-bang you until you've at least dated them for two months... and then only if you like them and feel there is the possibility of a future in that relationship with them.

You're just too sheltered, and you're going to end up harming yourself.

JETX

Lewcifer said:
Has your home schooling included remedial reading?
And did your schooling include how to read a calendar??
You have posted to a thread that has been 'dead' for over EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!!!

panzertanker

JETX said:
And did your schooling include how to read a calendar??
You have posted to a thread that has been 'dead' for over EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!!!
JETX, read his other post, he is here to throw out sexual inuendos for his enjoyment, that is all....

JETX

panzertanker said:
JETX, read his other post, he is here to throw out sexual inuendos for his enjoyment, that is all....
I know. I could tell from his post, he is just like a third grader who got his first 'real' biology book and gets excited being able to use all these new words. :D

JETX

Lewcifer said:
Why are you and your friend posting to a thread that has been dead for EIGHTEEN months?
We are posting because someone has to mind the children who sneak on the computer and post on this forum.
Better be careful or we will tell you mommy!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">