• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kateri

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am looking to assist my younger brother who is 18 years old. He recently impregnated his 15 year old girl friend. They both claim they did not have sex, but admit they were involved in other sexual activity. his girl friends parents have decided to adopt the child, which my brother is against. He is willing to take responsibility for the child. they have refused to talk to him or his family, and have refused to let him see his girlfriend over the last month. if he breaks up with her, or in any way helps out , sees or has anything to do with raising the new child, they will throw him in jail for statutory rape, however they want a full commitment in child support from him.

my question is... can he be thrown in jail for statutory rape if they did not have intercourse?
are the girlfriends parents committing a form of blackmail?
Do they have the right to adopt the child without my brothers consent?

M

moe3

the only way to be sure is a DNA test to see who is the real father.

Chances are the girl slept around and your brother was the only nice guy and your family probably have some money...so all of you gets screwed!

They have a plan........ whats yours?

E

Edna Webb

statutaory rape

My state is Georgia

My nephew was charged with statutaory rape. He was 17 and was invited into a girls bedroom window who told him that she was 16. I think she was really 14 or 15.He now is listed on the sex offender registry in Ga. I have attempted to find out if he will always remain on this list or will there come a time when he will be removed. The girl did not get pregnant (thank God) She shared no blame in the incident at all.
I think I would insist on a DNA test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">