• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape laws inc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedto death

What is the name of your state?NC
What are the statutory rape laws in my state? My 17 yr old daughter decided not to come back home with her 3 month old baby and to live with her 22 year old boyfriend whom she knows for a whole 2 weeks? What should I do?
HELP...

Happy Trails

worriedto death said:
What is the name of your state?NC
What are the statutory rape laws in my state? My 17 yr old daughter decided not to come back home with her 3 month old baby and to live with her 22 year old boyfriend whom she knows for a whole 2 weeks? What should I do?
HELP...
Age of consent in NC is 16.

You could get the B/F for "harboring a runaway" or/and "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".

pty

As Happy said, it's not statutory rape. However, the following might apply:

14-41. Abduction of children.
Any person who, without legal justification or defense, abducts or induces any minor child who is at least four years younger than the person to leave any person, agency, or institution lawfully entitled to the child's custody, placement, or care shall be guilty of a Class F felony.

14-316.1. Contributing to delinquency and neglect by parents and others.
Any person who is at least 16 years old who knowingly or willfully causes, encourages, or aids any juvenile within the jurisdiction of the court to be in a place or condition, or to commit an act whereby the juvenile could be adjudicated delinquent, undisciplined, abused, or neglected as defined by G.S. 7B-101 and G.S. 7B-1501 shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
It is not necessary for the district court exercising juvenile jurisdiction to make an adjudication that any juvenile is delinquent, undisciplined, abused, or neglected in order to prosecute a parent or any person, including an employee of the Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention under this section. An adjudication that a juvenile is delinquent, undisciplined, abused, or neglected shall not preclude a subsequent prosecution of a parent or any other person including an employee of the Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, who contributes to the delinquent, undisciplined, abused, or neglected condition of any juvenile.

14-184. Fornication and adultery
If any man and woman, not being married to each other, shall lewdly and lasciviously associate, bed and cohabit together, they shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">