• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape ??'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

Q1998

I dated a girl I met at college and she told me that she was 19. I find out after she gets pregnant that she was 16. I was 19 at the time and she was 16. People (her friends and mine) know that she went around telling everyone that she was 19. Now that she accussed me of being the father of her child, I contested it and now she's saying that she is going to press charges. What are my options? I'm in Texas.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Q1998 said:
I dated a girl I met at college and she told me that she was 19. I find out after she gets pregnant that she was 16. I was 19 at the time and she was 16. People (her friends and mine) know that she went around telling everyone that she was 19. Now that she accussed me of being the father of her child, I contested it and now she's saying that she is going to press charges. What are my options? I'm in Texas.
My response:

Your option is to put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

Once she files Criminal Rape charges against you, her birth certificate will become your worst enemy.

Good luck.

IAAL

P.S. You also get to pay child support.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

IAAL, aren't we forgetting one thing? Apart from the rape charge, she must prove paternity to get child support from him.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lawrat said:
I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

IAAL, aren't we forgetting one thing? Apart from the rape charge, she must prove paternity to get child support from him.
My response:

No, Lawrat. She doesn't have to prove a thing. All she would have to do is apply for Welfare assistance, and name him as the father. Then, Welfare would start proceedings to have his wages garnished, or to obtain a judgment against him for future payment. It would then be up to him to contest paternity to extricate himself from reimbursing the State. If he fails or refuses to do so within the first two years of that child's life, then guess what?

He'll be considered, under the law, to be the presumptive father. And he'll never be able to counter it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">