• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory rape/Wa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cher8402

I'm from Washington and have a question. I am currently 17. When I was 15, I had a relationship with a guy that was 21. We had sex and my parents knew and consented to it. After a while, my mom decided to get a restraining order because she did not want us seeing eachother, not because we were having sex. The police officer questioned my entire family and then about a month later, we recieved a letter from Snohomish county saying that they were going to charge him with 3rd degree rape of a child.We met with he prosecutor and told him that we did not feel this was necessary and we were told he would not get any jail time. We do not feel that he is a sex offender. Now, a year and a half later, he is in prison. Throughout the entire process, we were not given a chance to explain the situaton. He is not a sex offender! What can I do to help him now?

JETX

'What can I do to help him now?"
You only state that he is in prison, but make no statement that this was due to his actions against you, or for some other crime.

Further, you make no mention of whether this current incarceration is a result of a trial or a plea bargain.

Simply, there are not near enough facts in your post for anyone to answer accurately (or even what you want to do).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">