• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STATUTORY RAPE....WE DON'T WANT HIM TO GO TO JAIL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DD7918

MY SISTER IS 17 AND IS HAVING A BABY BY HER 22 YEAR OLD BOYFRIEND. WEATHER IT WAS RIGHT OR WRONG FOR THEM TO BE HAVING SEX IT'S HAS BEEN DONE AND NOW THEY ARE HAVING A BABY. MY SISTER IS SCARED TO HAVE THE BABY BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT HER BOYFRIEND TO GO TO JAIL. WE DON'T BELIEVE IN ABORTION AND OF COURSE WE DO NOT WANT THE BABIES FATHER IN JAIL WE NEED HIM TO BE THERE FOR MY SISTER AND THE CHILD. IF WE DO NOT PRESS CHARGES CAN HE STILL BE ARRESTED? IF SO WHAT CAN WE DO TO PREVENT HIM BEING ARRESTED, NOT ACKNOWLEDGE HE'S THE FATHER?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, if your parents don't press charges, then all should be okay.

Besides, you may want to check the law in your state to see what the age of consent is when it comes to sexual activity. I.e some states are as low as 15.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">